help wanted re jtd

pagey

right my mate has put 20 ltrs of petrol in his 2.0 ltr jtd, he then drove 15 miles and of course the engine complained it was still running when he got home. Now i know we will have to drain the petrol out and change the filter . question 1 i know there is a pump in the tank on a jtd if we remove the filter supply from the tank can we use the tank pump tp get the petrol out q2 is there another way .. q3 do you think there will be any lasting damage many thanks

It really all depends on how much disel was allready in the tank at the time, i suspect not a lot? In the good ole days it was common to mix DERV with at least a 15% mix of petrol to stop it waxing up in the winter.

If it was me i'd get a load more (full) DERV into the tank to mix with the petrol & dilute it, assuming that there wasn't much DERV in it when the petrol was put in? Then drain the filter & prime it all through from the tank as if you'd run out. (you may even be able to purge the injector pump through) Start up with gentle revs, all should be OK.

Archived