Aire at Cite de Europe

yagsas

At the beginning of last month we found the "old" parking spaces - where the coaches parked - was unavailable to motorhomes but the other part (much reduced) and signed as campervan parking was still ok - don't know what is happening now though - we will be there in a few weeks so will be interested to hear from others too.

catinou - 2009-11-25 4:13 PM

At the beginning of last month we found the "old" parking spaces - where the coaches parked - was unavailable to motorhomes but the other part (much reduced) and signed as campervan parking was still ok - don't know what is happening now though - we will be there in a few weeks so will be interested to hear from others too.

We parked there on the 27 October (2009) Plenty of space. Word of warning; we were parked in the coach park next door in 2007, it is right next to the Police HQ, I saw a guy getting out of a Sherpa minibus with two rucksacks, he smiled at me, as I got nearer I noticed the smashed side window; I started to run towards him then I noticed his accomplice in a VW Golf GTI, he got in the car and they then drove at me I jumped out of the way but got his registration number. I waited at the Sherpa until the occupants, a church group, returned. Two adults about 10 teenagers, they lost everything; cameras, passports, etc. If you park in that vicinity DO NOT leave your vehicle unattended! We take it in turns to go the shops but were surprised this year to see everyone else leave their vans unattended and just wander off. Do not do it, it is inconvenient but the only safe way is for one of you to stay with the vehicle.

derek500 - 2009-11-26 12:26 PM

We always drive down to the aire in Auchan's car park at Saint Martin Les Boulogne. Very quiet and away from the ports.

That's one of our favourites too Derek - and the fuel is always a lot cheaper than the "main road" station just before hand too.... :-D

Archived