Portugal or Spain for the winter?

mbeworthit

JudgeMental - 2009-12-02 3:31 PM

looking at info on other forums it is very quiet on sites in Spain this year, due I guess to the recession and Euro rate...so you should be able to get good rates on sites in advance if you fancy a site.

beware that the spanish like putting the rates up in the new year:-S

I always wonder how you deal with waste/toilet waste and getting fresh water when wild camping, the cost appeals but the hassle does not :-D maybe someone a bit more savvy could advise?

Whenever we are wild-camping in Spain, we just use petrol stations......we only need to visit to empty our on-board toilet, and refill the fresh water tank once every four or five days.

I just take our toilet cassette into the gents (which on most petrol stations in country areas is accessed from the outside forecourt, rather than walking through the shop/till area), and empty it there.

All the forecourts here have a freshwater tap.....but you need to have your own length of hose plus several different fittings, as many don't have a hosepipe attached.

We always fill the MH with diesel at the same time at the same garage, as a way of trying to say a bit of a thankyou to the operator.

Works fine for us. :-D

hi everyone

it's been my experience that as MOST of the wild camping in winter in spain & portugal tends be in specific areas ....there is always someone who can point you in the direction of the sewerage grid...and have an implement to lift it !!!

cheers

berti

Hello Roy.

Many thanks for your reply.

Apologies for the delay - another computer crash.

You never know - might meet up somewhere on our travels - stranger things have happened!

- thanks also to everyone else who responded.

All packed up and looking forward to the 'off' tomorrow. No doubt will have forgotten something - but so long as the better half and the dog are on board all will be well.

Archived