Winter use?

J9withdogs

Such a shame to see all that capitol tied up doing nothing Janine and your van is there to used and enjoyed all year round, not just during our glorious summers. The chickens are back in ours, but only for the worst of the winter months of course.

Mobile library, burger bar, brothel, boot sales, family visits, shopping expeditions, extra accomodation, mountain rescue, or even just as a day to day vehicle, the list is endless, and all it needs is a bit of imagination and thought to make that van not only a worthwhile investment and pay for itself, but also keep the running gear etc. in good working order.

josie gibblebucket - 2009-12-02 11:15 AM

You could turn it into:

a) Snack van, go round all the building sites making bacon sarnies for hunky builders

b) Mobile dog grooming parlour (they charge an absolute fortune) and think of the fun you could have making poodles look stupid

c) Mobile massage parlour :$ :$ ;-)

'Mobile massage parlour'. Wish I had your way with words Nicola, and much more refined than my offering. :-S

We use our caravan every month except Jan & Feb when the site we have a seasonal pitch on closes. And we do miss it!

We go down again for the w/e of the 18th 19th 20th Dec as on the Sunday they put on a fantastic Christmas Lunch that all the regulars go to kick start Christmas. Have to say that social gatherings like this make the seasonal pitch all the more enjoyable.

Sadly then we put it to sleep for two months and wait for spring.

Always thought the benefit of a MH is that you can use it anytime you want. Really fancy going to sunnier climes in the winter but suppose you have to be retired really to do this.

En route to the site there is a lovely looking MH parked in front of a house with a big "Available to hire" sign on it.

Could be a possibility J9

Only as a back up vehicle Malc. Twice we've used our van when this sort of thing has happened. The first was at a service station where a old lady was taken ill and we put her on one of the single beds until a ambulance arrived. Nothing to serious, and after a rest and cuppa she and her husband were able to continue their journey. On the second occasion I used it to to take one of the cricket lads straight to hospital with a broken ankle, so while its not exactly 'mountain rescue' it does show how versatile your van can be.

Guest Tracker
When our son was growing up and playing football and cricket - but not simultaneously - the van became mobile manager's office, ambulance, first aid station, changing room, tea room, snack bar, meeting point and a reuniting station for those silly boys who got lost during five a side tournaments! Happy, muddy days!

ohgrandma - 2009-12-02 12:16 PM

Janine, Maybe removals. or mobile shop to all the back of beyond places, like where I live. or a mobile library with some good books. (lol) Ria.

Off down the local market in the van shortly Ria. Do you need stuffing this Christmas ?.

CliveH - 2009-12-02 12:15 PM

Always thought the benefit of a MH is that you can use it anytime you want. Really fancy going to sunnier climes in the winter but suppose you have to be retired really to do this.

En route to the site there is a lovely looking MH parked in front of a house with a big "Available to hire" sign on it.

Could be a possibility J9

Thanks for that Clive but my thread wasn't actually intended to be serious - I'm not really going to grow cannabis in it . :$

I will probably be spending part of the festive holiday in the van parked on my Mom's driveway. Saves having to be teetotal.

Back in the day when we had old Hannibal, who wsa SORN'd for the winter, he became the power conduit for the outside lights on the trees by the drive. Van backed up to garage, extension lead from garage in through back door weatherstrip, through to front of van, which was near enough to the trees for the lights' own cable to reach into the cab.

Nowadays we have to run a long wire from the study window!

we used to use ours as an overflow b&b over holiday periods,

as Janine says - it's better than going teetotal

when we had a big van with 'proper' kitchen facilities we used to support winter walkers - anyone daft enough to tackle the Lyke Wake in winter needs all the help they can get

:D

Archived