Holiday in August

tonyfletcher

Hi Everyone,

We are already thinking of next year and a trip to France.

Due to circumstances it looks like we may be forced to take the break in Mid August for 3 weeks.

I have been told France is very busy at this time.

What am I likely to face, will aires be full? etc

We normally do not use Campsites although we do like the French Passion facility

Thanks

Tony

Guest JudgeMental

Aires in coastal regions will be extremely busy and difficult to get on, aim for arriving early afternoon and having a backup plan. inland will be easier to find a spot

If you want to enjoy the south of France book a site in advance and have an enjoyable holiday. West of St Tropez is gridlock, thats why the French lock up and leave....... East much better. We always travel July/August due to work and kids and with forward planning have never had a problem. we tend to drive down overnight avoiding the worst of the rush.

If you want to get to the south coast in August, the far West, from Beziers to the Spanish border may be less crowded than the rest, but still I echo the advice above, to arrive early at any aire you want to use, and have a backup plan. France Passion sites are less busy, but not as many are near the coast.

Archived