condensation

bazooka

Guest Tracker

Fine as long as there is no wind and no rain - in which case better fastening at each end and a covering of bin liner bags might be a worthwhile Mark II modification?

Me - I'll just carry on mopping it all up with a microfibre cloth rather than faff about with screens or covers!

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried one of those wide rubber blades sold for drying car bodywork as a means of getting rid of the condensation inside our van windscreen. The blade, together with a microfibre cloth to catch the stream of water, works fine. Yes, it's a faff-about, but it does the job.

The blade can also be used to clear mirrors etc prior to driving off.

Tracker - 2009-12-13 1:09 PM

Me - I'll just carry on mopping it all up with a microfibre cloth rather than faff about with screens or covers!

I find it more hassle to clean off and mop up condensation than to fit and remove an external screen cover. In addition an insulating external screen cover stops the cab getting so cold.

Richard.

Travelling Tyke - 2010-01-05 5:35 PM

Hello,.......

An external insulated screen cover from Taylormade works well on the windscreen........

The condensation is now on the inside of the "external locker" door......

>:-(

Had that problem, the heating vent under the fixed bed was at the back of the locker (viewed from locker door) so all the junk under the bed stopped the hot air reaching the locker door.

I got some truma fittings and modified the heating system by adding an additional vent, I now have a vent that blows air across the locker door, no condensation & a warmer bed.

Archived