Norfolkline bargain

Stuwsmith

Received an email from Norfolkline today, £5 off each leg of crossing and free booking amendment till 31/05/10.

I have just booked a crossing for September returning October. The cost? £21!! This is my cheapest channel crossing ever. It is for a car/motorhome less than 2.4m high, max 5m long, 2 adults, paying by Visa debit card (£1 surchage) it includes a fuel surcharge (£8) I quoted an offer code of EBF to get this price.

Maybe they're putting an extra level in the boat to get more vehicles across in one go and therefore the silly prices are there to stop anyone trying to take a higher vehicle across????? 8-) Or maybe they expect us to take a tin opener to our motorhomes and remove the top??? *-)

Stuwsmith - 2009-12-18 8:48 PM

Received an email from Norfolkline today, £5 off each leg of crossing and free booking amendment till 31/05/10.

I have just booked a crossing for September returning October. The cost? £21!! This is my cheapest channel crossing ever. It is for a car/motorhome less than 2.4m high, max 5m long, 2 adults, paying by Visa debit card (£1 surchage) it includes a fuel surcharge (£8) I quoted an offer code of EBF to get this price.

Stu - just out of interest, what motorhome have you got???? :-S

Mel B - 2009-12-18 10:40 PM

Stu - just out of interest, what motorhome have you got???? :-S

Its a Bilbos LWB Nektar with elevating roof. Must admit that there have been odd occasions when I wished that we had a high top but definitely not when booking ferry crossings!!

I've run high top VWs for the past 14 years and never found a difference in cost between high & low on the Dover - Calais route. Granted this year (2-10) is the lowest cost crossing I have ever booked, we used to think £99 open return was good!

The best way to build up 'free' Tesco vouchers is to send in old printer cartridges - if you check the Tesco website you can find details of which cartridges they'll accept - for every one you get £1 credit which equates to £4 in vouchers when used on Eurotunnel etc. You can send in up to a maximum of 30 cartridges every 12 months.

Earthmover - 2009-12-24 1:07 PM

Hi,

I have read somewhere that Norfolkine has been sold to LD lines, with Norfolklines retaining a 33% interest. Not sure if that bodes well for the future?.

Em.

Only if LD lines is DFDS, I posted on that subject earlier so you may have read it here.

Bas

Stuwsmith - 2009-12-22 8:52 PM

Yeah, but how much did you spend at Tesco's to get this?!!!

Not a lot really apart from fuel and some shopping. I have a tesco visa card and earn points by using it for most purchases then pay it off at end of month. soon mounts up and the deals roll in. About to book stenna line to holland for trip to scandinavia in june, with tesco vouchers of course.

Archived