Pulled thread

nightrider

Guest Tracker

Woof woof!

It's hard enough remembering what I had for breakfast this morning without trying to recall yesterday's forum postings so it can't have been that important!

On other Forums that I contribute to, if a thread is deemed 'off track', then it is locked, not pulled.

At the very least, a pulled thread should me marked as such. All that is needed is a header saying that Such and Such a thread has offended the acceptable use policy and has been removed. Just for threads to vanish without any explaination is too much like Big Brother.

What think you all?

I truly believe that there is too much trouble in the world already without creating problems on such a friendly forum as this.

Just because one can remain anonymous on here doesn't mean that one can say whatever they like, totally disregarding others' feelings. Indeed, some seem to find it amusing to create such angst.

This part of the forum is called 'Chatterbox' and I like to think it is how one would like to spend a sociable evening in their local hostelry.

Some would probably end the evening in their local A & E if they spoke to others face-to-face as they 'speak' on here.

Just my opinion.

Guest JudgeMental

weak and inadequate people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on forums causing all sorts of mischief *-)

Hang em, and hang em high I say! :-S

spospe - 2009-12-21 1:05 PM

On other Forums that I contribute to, if a thread is deemed 'off track', then it is locked, not pulled.

At the very least, a pulled thread should me marked as such. All that is needed is a header saying that Such and Such a thread has offended the acceptable use policy and has been removed. Just for threads to vanish without any explaination is too much like Big Brother.

What think you all?

I much prefer to be told a thread has been pulled rather than it just disappearing into the wide blue yonder, I would also prefer to be told that such and such a member had objected to it, too much to ask I think.

knight of the road - 2009-12-21 4:35 PM

JudgeMental - 2009-12-21 2:59 PM

weak and inadequate people seem to spend an inordinate amount of time on forums causing all sorts of mischief *-)

Who, you? *-)

Please note the smiley Judge lol

Guest JudgeMental
knight of the road - 2009-12-21 4:36 PM

Who, you? *-)

This is a smiley you silly old du££er :-D

JudgeMental - 2009-12-21 5:30 PM

knight of the road - 2009-12-21 4:36 PM

Who, you? *-)

This is a smiley you silly old du££er :-D

Or cheeky chappie then?

Archived