Speed stickers for France

Stuart

747 - 2010-01-14 11:18 PM

It is rumoured that similar changes will take place in the UK this year.

One change could well be medicals for anyone driving a van over 3.5 tonne, irrespective of age. It is ominous that other countries in Europe are pushing through changes.

If the Government does not advertise it, then there will be no fuss until it is too late and then they can blame the EU.

The over 3.5 Tonne change was noted in MMM mag some time ago.

This relates to the forthcoming implementation of the EU Third Driving Licence Directive. The UK government, in the shape of the DfT, is currently consulting on this implementation, responses can be accepted up to 5th February. Details here: http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/open/thirddirective/

Andy

I don't remember reading any of this in French motorhome magazines, though I do recall lobbying for a European C1 driving-licence entitlement being mentioned.

Which magazine (and which issue) was this reported in, please?

I get camping car, what issue, I don,t know, but its sitting somewhere in the house in france. There was a 4 page item about the new laws, The italian law re CO2 was read in one of their newspapers and told to me by an italian motorhomer late last year. And maybe this could be coming to the uk, if you look at new log books they list the imissions gases given out, ask yourselve what interest is that to anyone bar the law??

also going back to weight thing, the EU wants 3.2 ton to be the new starting point for HGV. and motorhome companies like concorde are making vans to this spec now, so they must know something we don,t.

michael

747 - 2010-01-14 11:18 PM

It is rumoured that similar changes will take place in the UK this year.

One change could well be medicals for anyone driving a van over 3.5 tonne, irrespective of age. It is ominous that other countries in Europe are pushing through changes.

If the Government does not advertise it, then there will be no fuss until it is too late and then they can blame the EU.

The over 3.5 Tonne change was noted in MMM mag some time ago.

Where/from where has the rumour come?

I've just had a quick shuftie at the DoT link and can't find any mention ... unless I've gone blind. 8-)

There are references to new limits for towing trailers but I can't see anything about all drivers over 3.5 tonne vehicles on their own.

Mel B - 2010-01-15 7:07 PM

There are references to new limits for towing trailers but I can't see anything about all drivers over 3.5 tonne vehicles on their own.

Para 6.4 relates to holders of Group 2 licences, although the definition refers to goods vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, Group 2 includes motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes I believe.

Andy

Andy_C - 2010-01-15 10:56 PM

Para 6.4 relates to holders of Group 2 licences, although the definition refers to goods vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, Group 2 includes motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes I believe.

Andy

But a motorhome is NOT a goods vehicle ... :-S

Mel B - 2010-01-16 6:12 PM

Andy_C - 2010-01-15 10:56 PM

Andy

But a motorhome is NOT a goods vehicle ... :-S

Quite so - you try telling the DfT & VOSA!

In my response to the consultation I shall make this very point. In fact I encourage everyone to make use of the opportunity to respond, maybe we'll end up with some slightly better written legislation than has previously been the case.

Andy

Archived