central locking

njw

i have just bought a trigano tribute 0n a fiat 2003 and when you lock and open the van it locks all 4 doors but the indicators do not flash ,is it a easy job to connect the indicators to the central locking so that they flash .

i do have remote locking but was hoping that the lights would flash only to help making sure it will be locked when i was not right next to the vehicle,and i do not have a alarm fitted thanks for your comments

It actually should not be too difficult to fit a relay to power the lights when the locks activate. I shall look at circuit diagrams later and see if I can work it out where it could be fitted in the lock wiring. A couple of diodes will also be needed, or two relays...and some fuses.

No promises of success but will take a look.

njw,

How competant are you with a voltmeter and finding your way around wiring to locate modules and connectors under the dash. Also installing a relay circuit.

I think it can be done, but does need a test made with a voltmeter to see if a couple of control lines stay live or not and for how long.

Dave was right, it is complicated.

Archived