Motorhome Waste Bin

whbs

You could put the skip on a trailer and tow it around. It will help break the ice with any site wardens by providing a conversational piece. Caravanners would love to speculate on the joys of motoring as they see a motorhome towing a car towing a skip on a trailer!

whbs - 2010-01-24 9:31 PM

Taken by the neat slim waste bins which are fitted just inside the door on new caravans and motorhomes. Does anyone know where one can buy one? The only ones I can find on the net are either larger or take a supermarket bag on view.

This is pretty close to the original Autotrail one........got mine from ebay..........

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/lancepar/Autotrail/binKGrHqNncFI-RZoMZBSVoZZglfQ60_12_zps1mjzzcpo.jpg

Original post was in 2010!!!! This is just in case the original poster needs another one now. >:-)

B-)

Our current Auto-trail is our first MH. When looking I saw the indoor rubbish bin as a positive (not so much the umbrella). We are able to buy plastic liner bags that are the right size for the indoor bin so not problem there. The bonus is they are scented so this tends to soften any food smells from the bin. Overall I am very pleased with the indoor arrangement, based on my one years experience I would be recommending you try to find a bin that would suit indoor fitment.

Cheers,

There are lots of rubbish-bins marketed for use in caravans/motorhomes

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=motorhome+rubbish+bin

Some are suitable for a specific entrance-door (eg. a Hartal door) while others can be attached to a furniture surface.

My 2005 Hobby’s Hartal entrance-door had a hinge-up-lid ‘bin’ that held a plastic-bag liner. It was not as capacious as the bin Auto-Trail will have fiited to Gary’s Tracker FB, but was adequate for our purposes.

Our present Ducato X290-based Rapido 640’s entrance-door has a storage compartment, but this has no top cover and is solidly attached to the door. We put a plastic-bag liner in it and use it as a waste bin, but the compartment is narrow and less than ideal for that purpose.

This link

http://escapades-nature-camping-car.0rg.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=943

is to a French forum thread discussing the earlier Ducato X250-based Rapido 640 and the first photo shows the inside of the entrance-door with its narrow storage compartment.

It’s plain that the French owner of the 640 decided that the entrance-door ‘bin’ was inadequate as there’s a photo much further down (headed "La petite poubelle qui va bien”) showing a swing-top bin fixed to the inside of a kitchen-cabinet door. But the snag with this approach is that the bin then restricts what can be stored in the kitchen-cabinet. Realistically, there’s nowhere else in a Rapido 640 to mount a ware-bin (unless one is prepared to be an aesthetic hooligan!) so it looks like we’ll be stuck with the entrance-door compartment indefinitely.

Geeco - 2015-12-30 2:42 AM

Our current Auto-trail is our first MH. When looking I saw the indoor rubbish bin as a positive (not so much the umbrella). We are able to buy plastic liner bags that are the right size for the indoor bin so not problem there. The bonus is they are scented so this tends to soften any food smells from the bin. Overall I am very pleased with the indoor arrangement, based on my one years experience I would be recommending you try to find a bin that would suit indoor fitment.

Cheers,

If you lived in the UK you would realise why Autotrail supply an umbrella with their vans, it rains here........quite a lot actually. Mind you inside the van is lovely and dry, thankfully. Happy New Year.! Or Blwddwyn Newydd Dda !

Archived