mmm price increase

njw

had my mmm delivered today and noticed yet another price increase ,i no its only 10p but over the past few years it has gone up quite alot.even after the december edition was half the thickness i was still going to keep on having it ,but now not so sure.

davenewell@home - 2010-01-25 5:26 PM

Costs to produce are always increasing, staff nowadays expect an annual payrise automatically. All these extra costs have to be paid for somehow.

D.

ANNUAL PAY RISE? What's that? Agreed production of a quality magazine does cost especially when you have good pictures and maps.

davenewell@home - 2010-01-25 7:27 PM

Annual pay rise, its something that self employed people like me can only dream of but most employed people expect it, and get it automatically.

D

I wish. No pay rise for 3 years.

Mike

Erm, according to the CBI, half of UK companies have frozen pay. If you work on the basis that for those companies that haven't frozen pay, a good proportion of their staff won't have had an increase, I think you'll find MOST people in the private sector got no increase last year...and were happy enough just to retain their job.

My company value me so much, when I said I was thinking of retiring and spending 3 months in Europe over the Winter, they begged me not to go, said the firm would collapse without me and offered me £25k more basic per year to dismiss my silly thoughts and stay on.

Ooops sorry-wrong way round-that's what I told them they should do-they said 'Don't let us hold you up!!'

Needless to say-I am still paying the mortgage-just! :'(

Well my apologies to all who have had their pay frozen. I was making the comment based on the experiences of my close friends who have all had an annual pay review every year, well those who still have jobs do. Pay increases may be very modest at the moment for those who get them but the costs are still increasing regardless of whether its due to pay increases or material costs or transport costs.

D.

One must also remember that those who do subscribe to the magazine the postal cost of such a heavy item is considerable.

I only buy it now in the summer when it is packed with interesting articles, or contains test conparisons that interest me. :$

Derek Uzzell - 2010-01-26 10:04 AM

MMM magazine ain't a essential life-sustaining medication, you know - you can get "Motorhome Monthly" for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Comparing MMM with MM is like comparing a broad sheet news paper with a tabloid!

yeti - 2010-01-26 10:32 AM

MMM magazine ain't a essential life-sustaining medication, you know - you can get "Motorhome Monthly" for nothing!!!!!!!!!!

Comparing MMM with MM is like comparing a broad sheet news paper with a tabloid!

Not a valid comparison, as even the "Times" is now published in tabloid format. But if you had said "Comparing MMM with MM is like comparing sugar with s**t", then I wouldn't have argued. ;-)

Guest Tracker
Derek Uzzell - 2010-01-26 11:54 AM

Not a valid comparison, as even the "Times" is now published in tabloid format. But if you had said "Comparing MMM with MM is like comparing sugar with s**t", then I wouldn't have argued. ;-)

Oh come be fair Derek - comparing MM with salt is a bit unfair given it's price!

I don't think that MMM is bad value at all at £3.50 and you could even argue that there is a wealth of info available from most of the advertisers for almost any aspect of owning and running a motorhome.

What I find more unacceptable is the lack of journalistic integrity with road and live in tests, especially when it comes to dealing with contentious issues like vans with defective gearboxes and recalcitrant manufacturers.

What a pity article writers are not bound by the advertising standards codes of practice making misleading advertising illegal - and if a road test isn't a veiled advert by another name - what else would you call it?

That said I do appreciate the freedom of speech allowed by Warners in allowing us all to say what we feel - assuming they don't pull it!

Brought a Telegraph on Monday while waiting for a train had to recover my posturer after asked for £1.00 nearly put it back, it got worse there was nothing worth reading in the few pages there were a Tabloid would have been better.

Against that £3.50 for a MMM wins by a long margin.

lennyhb - 2010-01-27 6:02 PM

Brought a Telegraph on Monday while waiting for a train had to recover my posturer after asked for £1.00 nearly put it back, it got worse there was nothing worth reading in the few pages there were a Tabloid would have been better.

Against that £3.50 for a MMM wins by a long margin.

It does seem to me that whatever paper/mag you want these days a sub is the best - MMM is very worthwhile, but on subscription is excellent value,likeasie teh Telegraph - my annual sub (paid monthly no extra charge) works out at the cost of buying Sat/Sun?mon papers, the rest of th week come 'free'......

Archived