Salad Spinner

Mel B

For anyone who wants a very good quality and easy to use salad spinner which is an ideal size for a motorhome, ie a bit smaller than a standard one but large enough to get your lettuce etc in, then I can highly recommend the Oxo one (see link below). I've had this for a few years and it is brilliant:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-3251.aspx

It is currently half price so is a bargain.

We bought a Salad spinner in Spain in 1969 for 25 pesetas, we used it straight away and thought it very good so bought one for the mother in law, when she died a few years ago we had hers back now we have one in the house and one in the van, they are both still working well after 40years one of the best buys we think.

The one at Lidl looks good.

David.

The Oxo one shown, and it's bigger brother, are good for anyone who has trouble gripping the handle/knobs of normal spinners (like me) - with the Oxo ones you only need to press down on the big button so they arevery easy to use, I wouldn't be without mine.

Salads Melanie! Yuckie yuck, and no wonder we could mark you absent whenever you take your vest off. Usual fare when camping would be sausage bacon eggs mushrooms beans fried bread and tomatoes, liberal sprinkling of salt pepper vinigar branston pickle brown sauce, thick white bread with plenty of butter, and a big mug of tea/coffee to wash it all down.

So far so good, but it does leave a lot of dishes to wash and thats why i,ve bought one of these compact dishracks from the Lakeland catalogue

( www. lakeland.co.uk ) ref no. 22140.

Always short on space when it comes to washing up and this combined drainer with tray fits either side of the basin (usually on the cooker) where the drip lip lets the water run back into the basin and frees up the somewhat limited fitted drainer on the other side.

One or two other things there that might be handy, but check the reviews as there seems to be a problem with rusting chrome.

22140.jpg.2b6e9fdd6dec08ed83556fe06bfb945d.jpg

PetMice - 2010-01-27 10:55 AM

I gave up on salad spinners years ago, now use a clean tea towel, put the salad in the middle then grip the corners and swing it round at arm's length like a sling (but not indoors!), works a treat, takes up little storage space too!

... and how many times have you 'lost' some lettuce in the process? :$

We once had one that consisted of 2 halves of a sphere, with slots in to let the water out, which you clipped together and then swung around ... unfortunately one of the clips didn't hold .... :-(

A salad spinner can be used to 'spin' freshly washed tights too! :D

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2010-01-28 5:54 PM

It's a little gem!!!!! (lol)

And I always thought that a little gem was a sorta lettuce - not a spinner thingy?

Archived