Bordatlas

armstrongpiper

I have been exploring the Bordatlas site - very interesting and comprehensive. I have used the facitlity and download the POI/Aires/Stellplatze/Sostas etc to my Satnav (free!), some 4500 sites. I have also noticed their road atlases advertised, Germany and Europe, Reise Mobil. They cost 19.9 Euros, but it also says there is included vouchers for sites to value of about 150 Euros. Can this be as I wish it to be - 150 Euros worth of sites vouchers! or am I reading it incorrectly. Has anyone used these atlases and taken advantage of this remarkable offer.

Neil B

The 2009 version didn't contain them so I can't give any more details than the web site states.

By UK standards there would bound to be some sort of catch or 'third night free' type of scheme which if you use them extensively you could eventually made a saving.

Sorry, I've only got last year's too.

But I strongly recommend them - we took the two volumes, and the Caravan Club book, on our big trip last year, and found the Bordatlas far more useful than the CC book.

We took the books themselves, AND downloaded the POIs, as the book gives you info about what's available, and an idea of prices & nearby facilities too, while the POI helps you get there without translating directions!

So I'd say get them anyway, they'll pay for themselves, and if this offer does give you a genuine saving that's a bonus.

We have this years Bordatlas. The 21 Vouchers are as follows: one gives you a free pony ride for a child under ten; one is for a free breakfast; the rest give you 3 nights for the price of 2. Each voucher is only valid for a specific named site out of the 5000 or so. So there you have it; an offer not to be missed!

We have yet to take our van to Germany; but this could be the year. The directory certainly has a lot of sites in, but many (indeed probably the majority) are not free 'aires'. Many sites are regular campsites, while others are farm sites or parking in the grounds of a guest house or restaurant.

Colin

Archived