Butlins Minehead Touring Site

AndyB

Guest Tracker
Not used it but if it is of any use there is a CCC site high on a hill above Minehead that was quite pleasant when we last used it - many years ago!) although the access was interesting and it slopes heavily!

Hi,

I haven't used it myself but on one of the other sites there was a thread running suggesting that there were some special offers on if you book early, i think by the 19th of this month with prices as low as £55 for 5 days with access to all Butlins facilities.

I can't find anything on their web site other than a phone number for touring bookings.

http://www.butlins.com/faqs/index.aspx#q11

AndyB - 2010-02-11 10:27 AM

Has anybody used the Butlins Touring Site at Minehead ?

If so, was it any good ?

Cheers

Andy (lol)

We have used it, but when we had a caravan and when the children were young (approx. 1990) so my comments may (probably are) be wrong now.

The touring site was about as far over the rear as you could possibly get, this meant that you did not have the other 'residents' going past you but meant you had a long walk to the facilities. The pitches were to either side of a road and were very 'compact' more like a car park with just sufficient room for your van and your car parked next to it, not such a big problem for a motorhome. As I recall we had a fairly good time there, no particular problems and of course all the facilities were open for your use, ideal for a family holiday, but probably wouldn't return now as a couple.

Ragards Bas

Bear in mind that anywhere near Butlins is likely to be within earshot of the camp's loudspeakers. Fine if you like that sort of thing; not so if you don't.

The CC club is at Alcombe (formerly separate from Minehead) and gives ready access to Exmoor as well as being within a short walk of neighbourhood shops.

Roger

One of my last trips of last year was to the CC site at Minehead. Very easy to get to, close to local shops (Supermarket, Newsagent, Chinese Take-Away etc) and also within 15 minute walk of Town centre and beach. We also used our bikes to cycle to Dunster village and also Dunster Beach (separate locations). I saw the Butlins holiday park (can't really miss it !) but it looked as if it had the potential to be a little too noisy for my taste, great though if you had kids or grandkids to keep entertained.

Archived