But how did it get that far?

W3526602

I know, How about parking bays for women who are at "That time of the month" or maybe bays for women going through the menopause.

And for the men, what about " had a bad day at work" bays.

Some people just give the human race a bad name, thank god someone saw sense and threw out this stupid idea.

My History teacher told me that before the white man messed it all up, Native American women would tend the fields and get on with their chores up to the moment of the birth of their baby, then go quietly to the side of the field, do what was necessary, wrap the child in a blanket, heft it onto their shoulders and get then go back to work and ensure dinner was ready on time for their husband.

Of course he was believed to be somewhat old-fashioned.

Bob ;-) :-D

I was just about to write - I bet he was a man - then I saw that you confirmed that Bob. :-D

I worked with a guy who spent time in Africa and he said that what this chap said was indeed the truth - but the fall out was an amazing percentage of women with infections and to stop that they would try all sorts of home made remedies including salt.

This caused a lot of pain and scaring which meant significant medical problems later on.

The great thing about our society - warts and all - is that infant mortality is down by a huge margin from what it was a hundred years ago. Mortality rates for the mother are far lower as well.

I personally do not see a problem with what this chap from Wales proposes! - whenever I as an able bodied bloke go to my local supermarket or my GP surgery I find that a large number of parking spaces are designated "disabled" but hardly any are being used! :-S

So I have to park elsewhere. No problem - I am not complaining. But would I feel the same if I was 8 months pregnant?

No idea - as I have never been nor am I ever going to be.

But in the days where a disability (quite rightly so) means that you have a multiple of car parking spaces saved for you, night and day 24/7/52 of the year but which the truly disabled are actually unable to use 24/7/52 because there are, in truth not that many of them, then why not have a scheme that allows a soon to be mum, struggling on her own with shopping, other children and a stomach the size of a small country, to use said spaces to make her life a little easier?

I see no problem with this. Maybe where I live is unusual? - But can it be right that my local surgery in a small town has five disabled car spaces that are hardly ever used, which means that more often than not, those that are genuinely ill have to park streets away for a Dr's appt.?

In fact I think letting last trimester mumns use these disabled spaces is a bloody good idea, knowing that one chap locally has a disabled badge purely because he is obese and his skeleton is collapsing under the strain. Now looking at him, I often wonder how he finds his bits to pee straight down the toilet, let alone doing anything else with it.

He may be disabled but it never stops him getting down the pub most nights.

But in marked contrast, I do know what difficulties my wife had in two pregnancies and as a result of that experience, I think the idea of last trimester mums and mums to be, being able to use disabled bays a very good idea indeed.

Usinmyknaus - 2010-02-19 10:08 AM

My History teacher told me that before the white man messed it all up, Native American women would tend the fields and get on with their chores up to the moment of the birth of their baby, then go quietly to the side of the field, do what was necessary, wrap the child in a blanket, heft it onto their shoulders and get then go back to work and ensure dinner was ready on time for their husband.

Of course he was believed to be somewhat old-fashioned.

Bob ;-) :-D

>:-( Is that where my Old Man got that from!! I got sick of hearing that when I was having my first 48 years ago!! I wish he had given birth to my 9lb6oz Son he would have soon changed his tune. :-S

AND it would have been our last!!

Its gone too far now though mollycoddled they are!! ;-)

Archived