3 litre Fiat owners.

erneboy

Hello.

I am new to this site. I have a juddering 3 litre. Mine judders every time it moves off regardless of driver, technique, direction, surface or gradient.

I am trying to contact other 3 litre owners who can describe their judder as being as bad as or similar to mine. I have an idea I would like to try.

I am not familiar with this site and have been working on this on another site.

Can we use the PM facility so that we can communicate in private, I do not want Fiat to see what I am suggesting.

Thank you, Alan.

Yes you can use pm's but they will not be picked up until the person logs on next time. Have you searched through the other threads on juddering? What age/type of vehicle have you got? Is it still under warranty? What mileage is it? I have a 3l auto and not much solice to you but it drives like a dream. Very smooth at slow speads forward and backwards. You will receive more technical responses than this and I hope you get the answers.:-D

Thank you Porky. I often read the threads on this site although I do not think I have posted here before.

My van is soon to be two years old, it had a new clutch a year ago at 15,800 miles.

I am fairly well up to speed on the current answers and trying to see if there is a new way of dealing with the problem. That is why I am trying to contact 3 litre owners whose vans exhibit substantial, easily demonstrated judder, Alan.

If you have a judder going forwards and backwards you probably have a faulty clutch or flywheel. Why did the clutch get replaced before? was it juddering or did it slip?

If it was the latter, and it has been ok since tha clutch was replaced I would expect the clutch hydraulics to be at fault. It really should go beack to where the clutch was fitted because it would seem that the clutch failure is a symptom of another problem that is rearing it's head again.

Nick

Nick, a new clutch because it was slipping, but they did not replace the flywheel which I understand is usual with a DMF. Your hydraulic theory sounds about right to me, there is virtually no freeplay in the pedal and I always wonder whether there is pressure on the plate all the time. However the dealer just did what Fiat told them to do, Alan.

Archived