bike racks

jingo53

Hi Jingo53 - welcome to the mad house. :-D

jingo53 - 2010-02-21 2:46 PM

Can anyone recommend a bike rack to fit a 2005 Swift Suntor. It is fitted with a ladder, it looks as if this could be in the way.

It's just a matter of finding out which one is the right size - the ladder shouldn't make any difference. If it's the end kitchen model the biggest problem will be fitting it, as it will probably mean taking out the cooker and fridge to be able to fix it through the rear wall. If it's the rear lounge version, fitting should be easy peasy. For both of these types, the racks are meant to be fitted even when a ladder is already fitted - assuming of course that the ladder is to one side (where it should be). These are the 2 most common layouts so if you've got a different one then you'll need to consider how to fit it to that.

I think you need a pro C fiamma bike rack ,that IS what i had on my swift,if you do not have brackets fitted i would suggest getting them fitted by a professional as they will know where the wood blocks are fitted inside the back wall

Do you have a tow bar fitted. If so something like a rack made by Pendle Engineering may be a better bet. The bracket stays on the tow bar while the bars are fitted in 30 seconds. The other advantage is that it puts no strain on the rear wall of the van and should be cheaper than buying and having fitted a fiamma rack.

Off Topic, but never realised the forum had a buy and sell area - just never registered in my brain - anyway had a look and see there is a personalised plate M18NJH , now I may be being really thick and dense here so apologise to seller in advance if I am, but cannot work out what is 'special' about it.

Jon

The number plate is special simply because it has '18' in it - ie if someone with the initials NJH has an 18th birthday and gets a car or some such vehicle as a present, it has a value, similarly for someone with the initials of NJH too.

Personally, there are a lot of over-priced and over-rated personal number plates out there - especially the ones where they try to spell a name but it's not quite right so they use additional 'plastic bolts' to make it read correctly. The worst ones are where it simply does not say what it should and the seller has to tell you what it is supposed to say ... if you can't see it for yourself then no one else will so why bother! 8-)

Archived