02 duetto rear carrier

jrn3

Hi,

I have a 2002 Auto Sleeper Duetto on a Ford Transit hi top.

Has anyone fitted a rear carrrier on the nearside back door for carrying extras. In other words like a top box but held vertically on the rear door so the door can still open and close.

Top box on roof is out as it is already fitted with solar panels.

Thanks.

A Fiamma bike carrier could be fitted to the back door of your Duetto, they need 'spreader plates' inside the door, then a Fiamma back box would fit onto the bike carrier. Total load of Bike carrier is 60kgs. so you would have to be careful what you carried in it.

Job Done ! It's what I fitted to the back of my Talisman coachbuilt. Works Fine and doesn't obscure the ladder on the back. Ray

I had a Fiamma back box on my 2002 Duetto. It was fitted on a modified Fiamma bike rack which make it an expensive proposition although it was fitted as part of the purchasing deal by Brownhills.

I was told it could not be fitted on the nearside door as the overlapping

offside door would have snagged while closing. I'm not convinced this is true but that is what the so called experts said. The downside of fitting on the offside is that view through is compromised.

I no longer have the vehicle. I've looked for a photo but cannot find one that shows the back box so cannot provide anything that can be of more help.

Don Madge had a bespoke rear box made to fit on one door of his van conversion - it was lovingly referred to as 'the coffin' by some of us! :D

I give up - I've been trying to find The bl**dy thread on the bl**dy search facilty for 20 minutes - even tried looking via Yahoo to no avail! Why won't the bl**dy search work .... AAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! >:-(

"The server has performed an error .... " I'll perform a ruddy error on it!!!!! >:-)

Hi,

Our Symbol van conversion (same layout) had a Fiamma bike rack on the offside door and I bought another set of mounting brackets for the nearside rear door.

I fitted a Fiamma 180 back box but took off the bike rails and fitted the back box using a couple of lengths of 2x2 wood to raise it from the folding bar of the carrier. We could then open the offside rear door easily. The weight limit was 50Kg. I fitted a steel reinforcing bar inside the door for the lower brackets.

Steve

Archived