ALDI Generator

william1

Guest Tracker

OOOOOOO! I want one! I want one!

I don't want to use it unless someone else starts his up next door and then I can start mine and say that I'll stop mine if you stop yours!

Gotta be worth sixty quid for that alone!

Wellsgofar - 2010-02-22 8:26 PM

Hi William,

You will probably not find a more noisier generator, on the market, you pay for what you get, would be ok if you are in a field on your own and with no one in half mile range.

Regards

This pretty much goes for any generator, unless all your neighbours have one too.

I have a 2.5KVA ( I think, it was given to me) unit that I might just have to use this year when exhibiting at shows as we will be demonstrating more electrical gear this year. up till now we've been fine with 330AH of batteries and a 100Watt solar panel.

There's no reason why this generator should be any less useful to a motorhomer but I'd politely suggest you think hard about whether you need it or not.

D.

Hi William,

A word of advice, Don't ever mention generators, this forum becomes irrational and abusive.

All generators should be OK with your M/H, but the cheaper ones are noisy, and that does restrict when you should use one, more expensive onesare quieter.

If you want one then have one, and use it considerately, maybe one day these dynasaurs will also become a little more considerate too.

AGD

Hi William,

I would not buy any generator with a two stroke engine, I bought a 650 watt one which was so smelly and noisy it now does duty as a expensive garage door prop.

I now run a Honda !0i four stroke which is about as quiet as you can get.

Even with a solar panel and two batteries a long spell of cold cloudy weather,

(just had a week of it here on the sunny Costa Blanca) can leave you with no blown air heating.

The key word is consideration.

Regards PKC.

Archiesgrandad - 2010-02-23 10:07 AM

Hi William,

A word of advice, Don't ever mention generators, this forum becomes irrational and abusive.

maybe one day these dynasaurs will also become a little more considerate too.

AGD

As opposed to your kind and considerate attitude to fellow forum users. *-)

Some like them, others don't. Isn't that what happens in the real world.

Archived