Advice regarding Cadac Barbecues

Sssnake

I bought a Cadac Barbecue at the NEC show today. I've put it together and the base just sits on the stem through which the gas is delivered. There's no way to secure it that I can see or read about and no part to facilitate this either. The base wobbles slightly on the stem.

When the barbecue was demonstrated in the show hall I didn't see any movement at all.

Am I being paranoid? I'd have expected a snug fit of bowl on the stem to avoid gas leakage. I'm not instilled with confidence with the item but can anybody advise me accordingly please? I only live in Worcester so a 40 min trip up the M42 isn't a big deal to return it and ask for a replacement but I have no doubt that the great knowledgeable peeps on here can assist me.

Thank you ... in anticipation! :-D

Sssnake - 2010-02-26 11:07 PM

I bought a Cadac Barbecue at the NEC show today. I've put it together and the base just sits on the stem through which the gas is delivered. There's no way to secure it that I can see or read about and no part to facilitate this either. The base wobbles slightly on the stem.

When the barbecue was demonstrated in the show hall I didn't see any movement at all.

Am I being paranoid? I'd have expected a snug fit of bowl on the stem to avoid gas leakage. I'm not instilled with confidence with the item but can anybody advise me accordingly please? I only live in Worcester so a 40 min trip up the M42 isn't a big deal to return it and ask for a replacement but I have no doubt that the great knowledgeable peeps on here can assist me.

Thank you ... in anticipation! :-D

Which model is it?

Quote... "I bought a Cadac Barbecue at the NEC show today. I've put it together and the base just sits on the stem through which the gas is delivered. There's no way to secure it that I can see or read about and no part to facilitate this either. The base wobbles slightly on the stem.

When the barbecue was demonstrated in the show hall I didn't see any movement at all. " ....Quote

I bought one of these a few years ago and it too moved slightly when assembled.

There is no mechanical fixing between the two parts but I found after some use that the two surfaces seem to 'bed' in together, so much so that after a few days assembled and used it takes a bit of effort to separate.

Good luck

this is common but should be ok. if you are not happy maybe you might want to upgrade to the next model which has 3 seperate legs which clip onto the base and is steadier. remember that in the chrome tube there is a plastic venturi which accelerates the gas also a slotted sleave which adjusts the amount of mixable air so be careful when doing anything to alter this item.

Thanks everybody. Took it back to the NEC and replaced it with an upgrade to the next model up as described by Clay. Thank you also to Towsure for not quibbling and to the fabulous NEC security guy who let us in without a second thought. Really groovy people - all of you.

Archived