Suitcase generators

dram

hi Dave,

not the best subject to ask on here! emotions run high *-)

but to put you on the right track look in your welcome box, it says search, click it, type your word in the search box eg generator then all posts and see what comes up

and just to help you out cos im a new user as well, and before anybody starts slagging me off (lol) i have no views/opinions on this matter

basically get an extra battery , inverter, solar panel, and that will do all your needs for a 12v tv etc

if you do need the genny for medical reasons etc, suitcase one would be the quietiest, sine wave is important cos it could surge and blow things eg tv, lights fuses the honda is the best 10i at about £900 20i about £1800

at that cost the other options i mentioned are cost affective for you and the environment and noise pollution

hope this helps

jonathan :D

We have a Kippor too, same as the Honda at a quarter of the price (or at least it was when we bought it). Had it four or five years now, regularly runs all day no problem at all. And before anyone comes on to whinge, we use it at motor rallies to run a laptop and printer to issue results sheets, so the answer to the original question is yes, I believe this is a sine wave genny to give us a regulated power supply (in laymans language, no doubt someone will confirm). The guy who services it for us told us last year that the dispute with Honda is now resolved and Kippor are back on the market.

We were at a meet last weekend (Holton Lee ,great spot) and somebody was running a Honda genny. During the day you could hear it but you could not class it as annoying in fact you hardly noticed it, but at 21.30 it seem very intrusive and I would not have liked to have been on the next pitch to it. Just be considerate when and where you use you genny and most folks won't mind

There are ways to reduce the noice of generators, the americans do two things to reduce the noice, the first is a pipe that runs from the exhaust up the back of the motorhome and over the roof, so forcing the exhaust noice upwards, the 2nd is to place a pipe on the exhaust and place the end in a bucket of water.

with the 2nd think outboard engine.

both work well, but best think to do is turn it off before tea time.

terry

Archived