bargain

bazooka

Maplins have 50% off one and a half watt solar panel ,it plugs into 12 volt supply or clips on to batterie. My son has one on permenately on his car wich is left at his house in france it's worked fine.mine has been on for one week charging the engine batterie it'still showing 12.8.Paid £9-99.

baz

Guest Tracker

1.5 watts is equal to .125 of an amp and that 'full' charge rate will only be in direct sunlight hitting the panel at 90 degrees with much reduced charge rate at all other times during the hours of daylight.

I have to doubt how effective this will be at an angle behind glass and only when facing the sun?

On the other hand it is cheap!

I bought one a year ago when they were this price it's been plugged in to my motorhome when parked up and it's coped with balancing the alarm drain ever since. It' got a charging led which shows blue when there is sufficient light. At the price it's got to be a bargain. :-D John. OOps just did a reread mine's 1.5amps.

peter - 2010-03-12 10:02 PM

Don't waste your money. I did a few years ago and they are useless.

I agree, having tried one. Too difficult to ensure enough sunlight reaches the panel, especially in winter.

Graham

Archived