Removing tree branch scrapes from window

benson

During a recent trip to Devon in a narrow lane I had to pull over to avoid oncoming traffic. Unfortunately, overhanging branches scrapped down the side of the van and marked the bodywork and side plastic window. The bodywork was easy to treat with a light touch of T-cut but I am loathe to use this on the window for fear of scratching it. The usual soap/water will not erase the marks. Has anyone any idea how to remove these marks.Is there anything on the market that does the job?

Thanks for your help.

(?)

Hi! I would not use T cut on the acrylic either, mind you I would not use T cut on the paintwork either having had very bad experience with it in the past. It used to contain Ammonia (the new er type still ammoniates)and that can react very badly with acrylic, which is what the windows are made from and some paintwork.

I would use Faracla G10, this is a very fine compound that you use with water that contains no harmful chemicals (to the article you are using it on that is) and I have got some really deep scratches out of ours.

I have tried most of the preparations that are reccommended from time to time but always come back to this as the best.

See http://www.farecla.com/

Bas

Hi all,

thanks for the info.on scratches to window. Basil, if you do not recommend T-cut for the bodywork what would you use? By very nature of the "beast" it is inevitable that despite being very careful, you will get scratches on our beloved machine at some time or other! B-)

For removing scratches on the body work or getting rid of haze I use Faracla G3, this can be used either by hand or with an electric polisher.

Faracla G10, is much finer and does not cut as hard. For scatches on the windows I have used Brasso, lightly, and it has worked very well even for fairly deep scatches.

benson - 2010-03-30 9:55 AM

Hi all,

thanks for the info.on scratches to window. Basil, if you do not recommend T-cut for the bodywork what would you use? By very nature of the "beast" it is inevitable that despite being very careful, you will get scratches on our beloved machine at some time or other! B-)

Sorry having re read my post I realise that it could be read in different ways so was a little confusing.

I meant to say use Faraclae G10 for the bodywork, GRP or paint, but it is also great for window scratch removal. It is used as a finishing grade pre-polish compound by the refinishing trade and is safe to use. I also use G3 sometimes on my GRP but that is much harsher and needs to be used sparingly and with care.

Bas

Archived