Breakdown Cover for Tag Axles

tonyfletcher

I've got an Autotrail Chieftain Tag axle and I'm currently covered with Greenflag with no length or weight restrictions. When I went abroad I used Brittania Rescue with again no weight or length restrictions. I've had to call Brittania in the UK and they were superb, ensuring we had the correct vehicle to recover us.

I'm sure there will more out there, but I've used the above 2 with no problems.

Regards

Stew :-D

One other thing to check with breakdown/recovery cover for vehicles over 3,500kg in weight.

When we were thinking of uprating our current Rimor from 3,500kg to 3,950kg I checked what the implications would be for the cover we have with Safeguard (as part of our insurance cover). Up to 3,500kg we were fully covered for everything, including temporary hotel accommodation and a replacement vehicle (car), but once we went over 3,500kg we lost this benefit and were not entitled to any help with the provision or payment for accommodation, or another vehicle whilst ours was out of action, although they did say that they would still assist us to locate accommodation and a vehicle. May be worth seeing if any other recovery policies have this 'reducing' benefit ...

ron. - 2010-03-22 4:06 PM

Tony - I think that you have been misinformed. I'm pretty sure that there are no restrictions on weight/hight/length by the RAC through the CCC Arrival breakdown scheme.

Ron

I agree. The same also applies to Mayday operated through Green Flag for the Caravan Club. You would need to be a club member to take advantage of either of these schemes.

tonyfletcher - 2010-03-22 12:17 PM

Hi,

Can you tell me who covers the Tag Axle MH's for breakdown cover. As these are over 4.5 tonne I understand that RAC through C&C Club have a restriction at 4.5t

???

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

It may be the cheapest option to extend your Fiat Assist cover.

Certainly was for us with Peugeot's equivelant, including "non-warranty items"

flicka - 2010-03-22 9:29 PM

tonyfletcher - 2010-03-22 12:17 PM

Hi,

It may be the cheapest option to extend your Fiat Assist cover.

Certainly was for us with Peugeot's equivelant, including "non-warranty items"

Does this extension cover assistance with tyres which is not included in the 'Peugeot breakdown cover' that comes with a new vehicle?

Archived