travel insurance

pagey

hi can anyone recommend a travel insurance for motorhome travel in the eu, ie medical cover and possesions, all i can find on the net assume that you are flying and want cancellation and baggage cover thanks..ps we are both 60 with no known health problems many thanks

Both the Caravan Club and the Camping & Caravanning Club provide Travel Insurance for their members. However, I have found that the Caravan Club has a far easier policy in dealing with existing health problems ( which, of course, you do not). Both Clubs are used to dealing with the particular problems faced by people who camp for a pastime, rather than 'package' travellers.

We have always used the Camping and Caravanning Club's Insurance when camping or motorhoming abroad.

I understand that both Club's schemes are very good, efficient and helpful when difficulties arise.

You will need to be a member of the respective club.

Safeguard Motorhome Insurers also do Single and Annual Multi-trip insurance. It is valid all over Europe (Including here in the UK which some people tend to forget about). The Insurance cover is valid whether you are travelling in your Motorhome or not and I was surprised to see that it included Eygpt and any other Countries that have a coastline with the Med !! I have just renewed for the second year, have not had occasion to call on any of the cover but I have always received excellent service from Safeguard. No connection with the company just a very satisfied customer :D

Hi Pagey

With no pre-existing medical problems, it is easy to do on-line & you can change type & level of cover to your requirements

Try some comparison websites, to find the most competitive.

nb you will find that some company's prices differ on different comparison sites.

You can then always contact the Insurers direct.

I found numerous Insurers are giving reasonable discounts for on-line bookings.

Due to my wife's pre-existing medical condition, I find that I can get a good indication of cost on-line, but prefer to go through the detail with the Insurer by phone also.

Archived