led lighting

kazlepops

I have an Ace Firenze motorhome and would like to change the halogen bulbs to led. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this ie can I just swap the bulbs or do I have to change the fittings and where is the best place to get them.

Thanks

Kazlepops

Hi Kazlepops

I have an Ace Milano and changed my halogen bulbs to LED ones which I obtained at the Pickering show last year. It is just a straight forward replacement. The difference in power consumption is incredible as is the brightness. I overlooked changing one spotlight light and the washroom bulbs so I have a direct comparison between halogen and LED.

Consider getting the 'warm white' bulbs as the plain white ones (which I have) can appear to be to be a bit 'cold' when first switched on.

John

Hi

Another source, with an outstanding range, is Ultraleds. We have changed almost all our spots with LED replacement lamps. They are considerably brighter, should last much longer than halogens and, of course, use much less valuable power.

We prefer cool white lamps for the 'working' areas of cab and dinette and for the bedside lamps and warm white for the bathroom.

Peter

Got the same problem..trying to change the bulbs..no problem getting the "newer" ones..problem is fitting them.

I can fit the ones above my Hob/sink..and above the Dinette..simple to remove the covers and insert bulbs.

How do I remove the main units..the round standard type ceiling light covers..I have tried to turn them and "bend" the plastic centre..but dare not use too much force ..lest I do my usual trick of breaking things. I normally leave technical matters to her indoors [painting/decorating//oil changes/getting the coal in] but as she is in training for the over 70s Coal carrying contest [1 mile carrying a hundredweight of said coal] I have been left to fend for myself.

If I dont get them fitted afore Pickering.. I will be the guy with the broken leg.

Help please!!

Archived