Peugeot Service

mirage

Be aware that although the X250 (Peugeot) service requirement is two yearly, there is a first year "Service Check" around £70 where as the name suggests a simple check on the vehicle is made. I only bring this up as I had reason to take mine in today regarding a damp rear light cluster and after inspection the Warranty Manager appeared to question with some anticipation of a negative reply regarding this check. Fortunately I had it done spot on its anniversary at the same garage.

This is not the same as Fiat servicing requirements.

Hi Again, I wish I hadn't asked, as I have just dug out the warranty book.

It says that "Peugeot advises a further inspection(chargeable) after 12 months", but doesn't say what the cost covers, and what they have to "inspect"

I have also discovered that my Warranty certificate inside the front cover of the service record booklet which has been filled in by the dealer quotes the warranty start date as 26 09 08 and end date as 26 09 09. By my reckoning that is a one year warranty, whereas I always beleived it was a 2 year warranty, although I cant remember why I thought that!

Servicing requirements are at 2 year intervals. My first one due in late september.

Is Warranty one or 2 years on Fiat, and has anyone else got only 1 year on Peugeot vehicle,. also is Autocruise warranty 1 or 2 years, (or even more?), and if so what does it cover?

tonyg3nwl

Hi Tony

I am awaiting purchase if a Peugeot and will be very unhappy and surprised if warranty is 12 months, my Peugeot brochure picked up November 09 states "As well as the two years unlimited mileage manufacturer's warranty, all vehicles first registered in the UK and purchased from a UK Peugeot dealer come with free optional additional year trhough the UK Peugeot dealer network" we may not cop for the third year but certainly two.

It goes on to say "the mileage limit for the optional third year is 60,000, (100,000 forBoxer vans excluding Motorhomes and other converted vehicles) from first registration. This suggests to me that the third year is also included but I would imagine requires having vehicle serviced by a network dealer from the outset. A sweetner for the network methinks.

Will certainly be checking this out when I pick up my van in April.

There is nothing more confusing than warranties/servicing on Motorhomes,

so hope this maybe of help.

Minimum warranty on Peugeot/Fiat is two years, max 3 years. A van converted outside UK generally comes with a two year warranty as base unit is purchased outside UK and not subject to third year warranty.see next. A conversion in the UK e.g autosleeper has a three year warranty the first two provided by the base manufacturer and a further year provided by the UK Dealership (See Page 3 "Welcome to the World of Peugeot" - should be with your vehicles handbook ))

It is important to check with Peugeot or Fiat that your Warranty date starts from when YOU bought it and not when the converter bought the base vehicle, this used to be a problem not so much now but worth a phone call for peace of mind.

Regards service on Peugeots, Fiats are different, see page 4 of the above booklet also Peugeot UK Website - Servicing - Boxer. Both booklet and website indicate a 1 Year Inspection is recommended. Whether a warranty claim can be refused if you don`t have it done might depend on whether the inspection would have prevented the fault developing? Present attitudes of manufacturer`s indicate erring on the safe side to be the best bet.

Hope this is fundamentally correct and useful.

My Peugeot came with a 2 year Peugeot warranty, with a suggestion that a safety chek be carried out after 1 year. This was done at a cost of £55.

This registered the vehicle with Peugeot and indicated it required 2 recall upgrades. 1 was a fuse and the other was a sofware download to give more power at slow engine revs. The download transformed the take off and reversing capabilities. Just had the 2 year service done at Peugeot garage, they quoted £355 ouch! On completion after some pleading of povery stricken old age pensioners being legally mugged, they knocked £50 off!. They indicated that I still had a third year garantee! will see what happens if I need to claim.

Hi Thanks for all the inputs. I have just spoken to Webbs, and Lizzie has asked me to send the Warrany book to them for correction. It should have been dated for a 2 year period, and it seems that the salesman filled in dates incorrectly. They will amend the details and return it.

Re servicing costs, I have that shock coming in October, haven't yet got a quote, but have been told that local Ferndown dealer for pug has given up motorhomes, and will have to go further afield for service. not sure how true this is, but they have changed to KIA agency locally. Also, as warranty expires in October, is there any objection to going elswhere, as (shock horror) it has been recommended by a friend to try the FIAT motorhome man at Poole !!!!!!. Dare I risk it?????

tonyg3nwl

tonyg3nwl

Archived