Word of praise

rupert123

After reading a few good reports on Dave Newell Leisure Services I decided to give them a try when my van services fell due. Have just got home from having both services done and although I have no means of knowing if they have done a good job, time will tell, I was impressed with the way they carry out the proceedure. I arrived at 9.00am and was offered a lift to Telford to spend a few hours while work was done, we decided to walk to Iron bridge, lift was offered, which is a short walk away. The work was completed when they said it would be and I was given the most complete service report I have ever had on any vehicle, even the axle weights where given. The bill, although painfull as usual, was very reasonable at a total of £289, some £200 less than my last from Spinney Motorhomes. I will certainly be using them again. For someone like myself who lives in the wilds of North Wales, I usually travel around a hundred miles each way for the yearly service, an added bonus was a good campsite some five minutes walk away from Dave Newell. Their are two pubs five minutes away so we had an evening meal a pleasant few hours at Ironbridge, it was more like a nice short break rather than the usual bad trip to the dentist that a service is. Was their anything wrong, yes, Dave did not stamp the service books but his wife is going to slap his wrist's so all is forgiven.

Hi Rupert,

Please to hear positive report.

I would expect nothing less, although I have not used Dave's services personally.

Dave was always a respected poster & a fountain of information.

I for one am already missing his posts & humour.

Such a pity a few distasteful posts got to him (& one or two others)

I'm sure I speak for the vast majority, in saying we would very much like him back here.

Would it help if all appreciative posters send him a PM, welcoming him back ?

Yes, I'd echo that word or two of praise for Dave Newell. He retro-fitted a cruise control to our new wagon last year, did a good timely job, pleasant guy to converse with and the cruise control works just fine.

I didn't realise that he'd been lost to us, what a shame, I like people who tell it as it is.

Cheers

PS, mind you, I was not impressed with the nearby car-park camp site. Unisex showers and toilets were OK back in the '60's but I felt a bit uneasy in todays unfortunate PC climate.

Hi Rupert 123.

We also echo the praises of Dave Newell. We had fitted to our 2008 Auto-Sleepers Nuevo a Sterling battey to battery charger. Dave was keen to get on with the job driving it into the workshop at a quarter to 9 put protective sheets on the floor & commenced work. We caught the bus (Rupert 123 must be better looking than me to get a lift) into Telford centre & went cruising around the shops, lucky for me after about 3hrs Dave rang to say it was ready to pick up (hands together thankyou lord save me from the shops) so we returned. What a neat job it was positioned underneath the right hand bed box, after a quick demo to show me it was working we then dealt with his good lady with the paper work side of things. I like dealing with independent people like Dave & his missus they have proper "PC" - people care, I'd recommend his services to all RV people!

H. (>) :-D

I don't think we have necessarily 'lost' Dave.

I think the last thing he said was that he would not be looking in so often.

(Quite understandable too in my view).

I'm sure he will be back, he must at least let us know how his car build is going.

Colin9591 - 2010-04-09 12:06 AM

PS, mind you, I was not impressed with the nearby car-park camp site. Unisex showers and toilets were OK back in the '60's but I felt a bit uneasy in todays unfortunate PC climate.

Blimey Colin do you never go to France. Think you are a bit unfair about this camp site, agree pitches are not Caravan Club size but they are hardstanding and each with its own water, electric and grey waste drain, plus helpfull warden and pretty secure. Site clean and tidy, shower/toilets are heated block and clean, unisex, as I said steer clear of France if this bothers you.

I can confirm the above - Dave Newell does a most thorough job. I had base vehicle and habitation service done there this week at a very reasonable cost.

Ages of tyres and gas hoses are also checked and reported on.

First time I used him, he discovered that my spare tyre was 15 years old! (The one on the van, that is. Mine is much, much older :$ )

Would definitely recommend.

Wouldn't go anywhere else. Been using Dave's services for 3 years. I drive from Surrey to Telford for every job that needs doing on my van and think it's worth the trip every time.

Next up is base vehicle service, MOT, habitation check and new TV reception system.

Bob

Syd - 2010-04-09 5:46 PM

Nice to see the old man back eh :D :D

Dave we have not had any updates on this self build project recently, have you finnished it yet ??

"Old man"???? I'm not even fifty yet (quite) :D . The self build project, hmmm? Which one? The motorhome or the car?

D.

Again in confirmation, we were at the Malvern Show last year when our fridge packed up, spoke to Dave on his stall arranged to call in on the way home. We called as arranged fridge was duly taken out overhauled and sorted, while we had good morning shopping in Tellford.

Dave phoned when it was ready I reluctantly left the shops and got back to find the fridge in perfect working order and has continued to work since. would definitely go back again.

Now all we need is Derek back and we are sorted. Carol.

davenewell@home - 2010-04-09 6:12 PM

Syd - 2010-04-09 5:46 PM

Nice to see the old man back eh :D :D

Dave we have not had any updates on this self build project recently, have you finnished it yet ??

"Old man"???? I'm not even fifty yet (quite) :D . The self build project, hmmm? Which one? The motorhome or the car?

D.

Both Dave (lol)

Not much to report on the motorhome, I'll be fitting a Crystop "flat and low" satellite dish before P'borough and then I can finish lining the ceiling and make the high level cupboards.

As for the car its now a rolling chassis but its been put firmly onto the back burner as its now busy time and show season, occasional updates can be found here http://www.cossie.davenewell.co.uk/ although the latest update is somewhat overdue :$ .

D.

Hi Syd, I generally don't "drop the clutch" on motors any more and with that dirty great boat anchor up front pumping out lots of horny horses I don't think I'll be needing to.

Interestingly I recently found a power and torque graph for one of these engines that had been fitted to a Mazda MX5 (yes really 8-) ). Max power came in at 233BHP (flywheel) at 5800RPM when the rev limiter cut in. The interesting bit was the torque "curve", for a start it wasn't really a curve but more of a straight line. first reading was at 2000RPM and was a massive 173lb/ft and it just climbed steadily from there all the way to 5500RPM where it levelled out at 212lb/ft. :D :D

D.

Archived