Down Shropshire way

nightrider

Just spent a week down at the CCC club site at Oswestry, the weather was superb could not have asked for better.

As per usual I spend my time hunting down antique shops, bought a cracking nest of solid oak tables for only a tenner.

Spent an hour or so yesterday in Shrewsbury trying to find this particular shop that sells all kinds of hand made wrought iron stuff, all the old traditional cabinet work etc, I wanted some particular stain and finish, this is a very expensive shop, a solid oak toilet seat with a lid will set you back £195.

There is also another shop in the town that sells repro furniture using reclaimed solid oak, very nice stuff indeed, spent time in Irongorge visiting the museums..... again,

Had a pint or two in the Tontine and a very nice pork pie and a cup of tea in the famous pork pie shop next door, will be going back there in about a months time, couldn't fit everything in, in the time that we had.

The Decorator - 2010-04-17 7:56 PM

Unhygenic and will eventually fade, and when it dries out the joints seperate and will pinch your bum! A more hideous looking object I cannot imagine.

Which is the hideous object - the seat or your pinched bum? :$

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

The Decorator - 2010-04-17 7:56 PM

I cannot think of a worst item of household furniture than a wooden toilet seat!

Unhygenic and will eventually fade, and when it dries out the joints seperate and will pinch your bum! A more hideous looking object I cannot imagine.

Decorator,

We are now talking about locally made oak toilet seats with solid brass fittings, not your cheap Chinese toilet seats that you buy from B&Q.

Please note that I said SOLID oak and not the laminated type seats.

Archived