Selling a Motorhome

John H

For various reasons, I can't afford to keep my motorhome so I am going to try to sell it. I read on here a long time ago, a rough way to estimate the year by year depreciation. I realise that you lose the VAT straight away but if I remember right, someone said that you should allow a certain percentage per year to be deducted from the value after the VAT has been deducted and I can't remember what the percentage is.

Can anyone help please (?)

John.

hi john,

look on the internet, at similar year vans and models and gauge your price on that, then take it to a dealer and see how much they will give you, add abit on for negotiation purposes as well

sorry cant help you on the vat subject etc

good luck selling

jonathan

silverback - 2010-04-24 12:57 PM

hi john,

look on the internet, at similar year vans and models and gauge your price on that, then take it to a dealer and see how much they will give you, add abit on for negotiation purposes as well

sorry cant help you on the vat subject etc

good luck selling

jonathan

Which internet site would you recommend?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have tried to get some idea of the sales value on the web but Elnagh's are a bit thin on the ground.

The van is already advertised on Preloved, UK sites, Exchange & Mart and Practical Motorhome (That will get the thread pulled) but I don't know if I am selling at a reasonable price.

Thank you Silverbck for Motorhome.mobi, I will probably give that a try and thank you M'lud, I will probably give Autotrder a go as well. I will give the CC a ring in the morning, thank you Ranger. I would even try MMM if they gave me a discount on their £45.00 fee.

John.

Archived