FIAMMA PRIVACY ROOMS

PSHORT

Can anyone share their experience of the Privacy Room with a Fiamma FTi awning.

We currently have a drive away awning but its a pain to put up and claustrophobic but it does withstand strong winds.

Could I expect similar withstanding from the Fiamma setup, I not asking for hurricane survival just a good Brtish blow

Hi Paul

We have a fiammi safari room, which attaches to our ZIP AWNING. We don't use it a great deal, as we move around a fair bit. My sons have used it in Cornwall, in quiet strong winds. it is fairly well achored down , just like a tent, not too bad to set up, once you know how it goes to-gether

Depending what sort of camping you do, and whether you need the extra space, I am not sure I would buy another one personally, extra to carry around, and store,. A good idea if you stay in one place for some time, (which we don't) or if you camp in bad weather and need the outside space. Hope this helps you, as it is only my opinion on Safari rooms in general

Pauline

Thankyou PJay and JohnP

I think Johns concern may cement my wife's concern and I will have to put up with 'puttingup' our existing system.

By the way Pauline interesting you live in the Fareham area as we do also in Hill Head

Thankyou both for your contribution, more are welcome

Paul

PSHORT - 2010-05-06 7:05 PM

Can anyone share their experience of the Privacy Room with a Fiamma FTi awning.

We currently have a drive away awning but its a pain to put up and claustrophobic but it does withstand strong winds.

Could I expect similar withstanding from the Fiamma setup, I not asking for hurricane survival just a good Brtish blow

We have the Omnistore Safari Room 4.5 m on our Hymer S700.

This took off on us at Tan Hill and went over the Motorhome. It and the awning were a total write off. It also took out the status antenna and snapped the drive shaft in the Oyster Satelite Dish that was retracted at the time.

There was only a gentle breeze when we went to bed. It woke us up flapping and by that time it was too late to try to take it down. Half an hour later it went over the top of the van despite us having anchored it with rock pegs and used a tie down strap.

We would now only put it up in a very sheltered location and remove it at the slightest chance of wind. It has never been left up overnight since. Infact it has only been up a couple of times trying to set it up.

We had the safari room and awning replaced under the insurance but the dish repair wasn't covered because we had just had it fitted and not informed the insurance.

We have been thinking of geting rid of it as it is so heavy and getting a porch awning instead.

• 2 weeks later...

am I too late to tell you that guy ropes to the front and side with straaps to the front and across the awning are required, so that the whole unit is tied down not just the safari room.

We have two load straps to the front,one to each pole with a 3tonne strap across the awning each pole is secured to the ground with steel pins, according to the experts awnings are designed to accept a wind of 3 miles per houranything over that is haul it in even 3 mph is quite strong but gales are a no no, >:-( 8-) (^)

norhul - 2010-05-19 11:53 AM

am I too late to tell you that guy ropes to the front and side with straaps to the front and across the awning are required, so that the whole unit is tied down not just the safari room.

We have two load straps to the front,one to each pole with a 3tonne strap across the awning each pole is secured to the ground with steel pins, according to the experts awnings are designed to accept a wind of 3 miles per houranything over that is haul it in even 3 mph is quite strong but gales are a no no, >:-( 8-) (^)

Many thanks for your reply, I think we are going to stick with our drive away awning despite being a pain to put up and never seems to look very asthetic

Thanks again I think we could close this thread our mind is made up, sorry Fiamma chaps

P.S Also my Fiamma pullout awning is missing a certain bolt, can I get any Fiamma supplier to supply it, not on your nelly!

Archived