Canterbury New Dover Road P+R

Bill Ord

Hi,

I used the Canterbury New Dover Road P+R motorhome parking facility on my way out to France as I'd long wanted to visit Canterbury. To say I was delighted would be to damn with faint praise. Here for £2.50 you can park for 24 hours in a dedicated to motorhomes area with full service facilities. The bus is free into Canterbury for as many trips as you wish. It is very quiet at night and there is a pub just outside the P+R. I've written to the Canterbury parking authority thanking them as it it so refreshing to see this in the U.K. as opposed to the usual difficulties I encounter, who knows this may be one small step to enlightenment for motorhome parking. We as a group can now quote Canterbury as an example of how it can be done. This would make an ideal stop for those who often ask on this Forum about parking in Dover while waiting for a ferry.

Bill Ord

Bill Ord - 2010-05-11 10:20 AM

Hi,

I used the Canterbury New Dover Road P+R motorhome parking facility on my way out to France as I'd long wanted to visit Canterbury. To say I was delighted would be to damn with faint praise. Here for £2.50 you can park for 24 hours in a dedicated to motorhomes area with full service facilities. The bus is free into Canterbury for as many trips as you wish. It is very quiet at night and there is a pub just outside the P+R. I've written to the Canterbury parking authority thanking them as it it so refreshing to see this in the U.K. as opposed to the usual difficulties I encounter, who knows this may be one small step to enlightenment for motorhome parking. We as a group can now quote Canterbury as an example of how it can be done. This would make an ideal stop for those who often ask on this Forum about parking in Dover while waiting for a ferry.

Bill Ord

Hi Bill

Have to agree enturely with your sentiments.

People (including Graham Hadfield on his www.motorhomeparking.co.uk website) have been recommending the Dover Road parking for quite some time.

I also used it to good effect in my discussions with Redcar and Cleveland Council prior to establishing the Aire parking in Guisborough as an excellent example of forward thinking by local authorities.

David

Archived