WoW engine remap

fjmike

Now that I have a Smart car and trailer I find that my Mercedes Sprinter 215 CDI based Pilote motorhome struggles a little on hills. Thought that a remap maybe the answer but I am hesitating as I am wondering about the long term effects of the remap. Has anyone had a remap by WoW , if so did you have any problems and were they sorted to your satisfaction?.

They offered it to me as a free trail for our Merc 616 based tardis. (Hoping to get a write up no doubt) I pondered long and hard and decided that I prefer the reliability of the Merc so said NO THANKS. I have been there before with another vehicle (LandRover) and believe me having more power is just the start of it! Clutch had to be replaced with something more meaty -a military one, Anti-roll bars were wanted, extra cooling (Kenlow) and if you have an auto box then that will want an extra oil cooler.

But its your money and your risk. But if the rod comes through the side (and it has on a souped up Merc in Australia) then the best you can expect is a refund of your remap cost!

Food for thought.

Chive.

Just another thought on insuarnce implications:

It is imperative NOT JUST that you ask your existing insurer in advance what effect this may/will have on your premium.

It is also a legal requirement and essential, that you declare this remap to EVERY OTHER insurance company that you might ask for a quote/to cover you in all future years, at the time you ask for a quote.

If such a remap carries a "loading" premium now, it is likely to continue to do so.

But even if not insurance company "loaded" now, it could well be so in future years.

Archived