BIKES

howie

And for all you romantics out there, 'Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head'. ;-)

Picked the bike up yesterday and spent most of the morning putting it through it's paces, and loved every minute of it. So easy to ride, and with the pedal assist, exactly what I was looking for. Main reason for buying this bike was to help keep fit, and with my normal daily walks becoming more difficult due to problems with my knees this should be the ideal solution. Borrowed my son's bike a few times, just to make sure there was no adverse reaction, and with the bike taking my weight am now able to get in all the exercise I need.

Off to finish my 'bespoke' bike shed now and will post on a few photos of that and the bike when it's all done, so thanks again for all your help and advice which as been both informative and interesting. Cheers.

Guest JudgeMental

ignore the "thats cheating" remarks you will probably incounter...most probably from hypocrites with their asses stuck to their car seats :-D

I use my bike for everything, it is much faster and more convenient transport in London. cars average 7 mph and ordinary bikes 12 mph so that kinda says it all really. Cycling past miles of jammed traffic belching out pollutants and wasting fossil fuel...Its astonishing that such inefficient ways of operating keep going on. road pricing and increasing fuel cost may help get a percentage of cars of the road.

as for fitness. if you do 10 miles on an E bike it is apparently the equivalent of walking 2.5 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree Eddie. Main reason for buying this bike was to help keep fit. Problems with my knees made walking any distance difficult to say the least and the improvement in general fitness over the last week or two has been remarkable.

Posting on two pictures of the bike and 'bespoke' shed. I say bespoke as finding the right shape and size to fit in with the backyard was difficult, and what i saw on offer at variuos d.i.y outlets was absolute rubbish, so I built my own. B-)

525622293_bikeshed004.jpg.724d8ef2124649f8007683a5f2d5b9ad.jpg

2131813086_bikeshed007.jpg.a44da54aea4bbb000737aa77cae94fb7.jpg

Archived