A blatant request for your money!

Dave Newell

Hi guys and gals. At the end of next month my eldest daughter and I are having our heads shaved to raise money for our local children's hospice www.hopehouse.org.uk so this is a blatant begging thread asking for your money. We're aiming for a grand but more would be fantastic so if you feel you'd like to donate you can do so here

http://apps.facebook.com/justgivingapp/page/698218027:zoe-newell-headshave?_fb_fromhash=54fa

Before photos will be available soon and after photos.................well afterwards of course :D .

A member of a car forum has sponsored me a tenner but offered another tenner if the eyebrows (monobrow?) go as well, if you'd like to join in with this let me know here.

Thanks in advance guys n gals :D , D.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, thanks Martyn ;-) . Hope house provides huge support to families with terminally ill children. An old school friend of Zoe's had two children, both of whom had a very rare and incurable condition, Madbury or Mudbury syndrome (something like that anyway). Their elder child, "Prince" Oliver sadly moved on to a happier place a month or so ago aged nine. All of the friends of Zoe are doing a variety of things to raise funds for Hope House and for "Princess" Faith, the remaining daughter. She loves Dolphins so they are trying to raise enough for her to go and swim with dolphins, Zoe asked for no presents for her recent birthday but donations to Princess Faiths Dolphin Dream fund and has raised £250 just from birthday donations. When Zoe told me about her plans to shave her beautiful hair off for Hope House I said I'd join her for moral support, Zoe's hair is one of her most notable features and the one thing that all her school friends remember her for.

Zoe's target is £1000 but I'm sure we can beat that, she's only had the donations page up for 24 hours and already is 13% of the way there. I have £40 of sponsorship from the other workers in our trading estate, we will have a collection box in our office and Zoe will have one at her place of work plus the pub where its all coming off (Red Lion, Park Street Madeley, Telford, Thursday 29th July) have a collection bucket on the bar and will be doing a BBQ and other fundraising activities on the day.

Many thanks for helping everyone, D.

Dave - I don't want to do anything via the Facebook thingy, but can you PM me some UK bank details that we could transfer dosh into and Kathy and I will see how many pennies we've got spare.......

:-D

I've just looked and we are now at 24% of the way to our target, well when I say target I use the term very loosely as I firmly intend to smash the £1000 target. Many thanks to those who have donated and to those who have yet to do so there is no better time than NOW!

Thanks to everybody, D.

Done our donation bit - but we wanna see ALL bodily hair removed from the Newell.

And we wanna see piccies of said process of removing ALL bodily hair, in middle of pub, by a girlie wielding a cut-throat razor.

:D :D

We're now up to £275 in donations, thanks to everyone who has given but we still need loads more!

Bruce there's no chance of getting all bodily hair removed for less than £10K! If we get more than the £1K target then my eye brows are going, and there'll be no cut throat razors either!

Come on guys, get yer wad out and give a bit back, Hope House do a fantastic job in helping families with terminally ill children.

Cheers, D.

It's very quiet on chatterbox init, let's try and push this on a bit, where is this. If anyone gets it right on or before the shorning, 25th July I will donate £20, But in return if you get it wrong I think you should donate at least a quid, come on now 5 goes = a fiver. If any one is sure they know where it is, keep your mouth shut until the 25th :D (gives it chance to build)

Dave

Well you got me confused Dave :-S . The "shorning" will take place on Thursday 29th July in a pub in Madeley, Telford. Limited parking available so please don't turn up in your droves in motorhomes expecting to camp overnight in the car park. You are more than welcome to join us if you can and wish to but you will have to find somewhere else to park your motorhomes :D .

D.

P.S. we still need loads more donations to make the £1000 target, if we get more than £1000 in donations I'm losing my eye brows too! 8-)

Donate Here: http://www.justgiving.com/zoe-newell-headshave

D.

Dave Newell - 2010-06-16 10:07 PM Well you got me confused Dave :-S . The "shorning" will take place on Thursday 29th July in a pub in Madeley, Telford.

Yes of course, What I meant to say was that you will off like a rabbit on the 25th and hoping you would not be caught on the 29th. :D  The pub is the Red Lion I believe.

Unfortunately I will not be there, to close to my holidays I'm afraid.  Did you get my PM

Dave

PM received and replied to. Its close to our hols too, we go the next day touring oop North. Planning on heading up to the North East on the Friday 30th then bimbling around up there for a few days before popping over to the Lake district and then bimbling down through Lancashire, Cheshire etc.

Anyway we still need loads more money so come on you lot show us yer wad! :D

D.

Archived