cleaning Grey Water tank

crosbiei

Hi Iain, using the search facility will throw up dozens of threads on this subject.

Closing the valve and emptying a couple of bottles of cheap coke down the sink then going for a drive. Or of course do it on your way home from a trip.

Prevention being better then cure, we always try to capture as much grease as possible before it goes down the sink. We also drive home with the waste valve open, (having emptied the tank first of course), and we don't suffer any niffs.

Martyn

my tip comes from a fellow motorhome owner which works really well,this is to be done on the trip away or the trip home first fill the sink with hot water then add small bag of table salt then whenyou arrive open valve and you will be surprised what comes out of the waste tank

i normally pour some neat domestos down through sink and basin followed by some hot water, let it mix while driving home and as i park up right next to a drain cover let the contents down in the foul drain followed by a good flushing. does it for me. never noticed any smells.

LordThornber - 2010-06-16 9:09 AM

colinfrier - 2010-06-15 6:00 PM

Don't like the coke in the tank idea it would be flat when you come to drink it?

Vodka will liven it up though :D

Martyn

that will do for me, enough and i wont smell the waist :->

Archived