Ford Duetto Alarm

Col

Does anyone have any particular information about the alarm system on the Ford Autosleeper Duetto. It is the basic alarm that comes with the van -no extras as far as I know. It is a 2007 van with a durotorq engine (so a service every 2 years). I am thinking about moving to Safeguard and they want precise information! Thanks, Col

Standard on the Ford Mk7 is a Thatcham cat 2 immobiliser. Mine was upgraded using a Sigma system to a Thatcham Cat one alarm.

My "Caravan Guard" policy states:- Immobiliser --- Factory fitted + Alarm--- Thatcham Cat 1 .

suggest that you contact Autosleepers to see if they fitted an upgrade, and if you purchased "not new" then contacting the previous owner is probably worthwhile.

Thanks Mike, yes the local dealers aren't always sure about the service. I was told to take it home after arranging a service after year 1. When I brought it in for a service after year 2 the person on the desk wanted to know why this was its first service, until someone else told him it was different. Then someone rang me a few days ago (year 3 ) to remind me that my service was due!

Archived