Personnel Hygiene

Guest David Coxhead

Guess I still don't know whether you meant personal or personnel :-) and you're probably done and dusted with the whole thing by now!You may have even paid off the student loan? :-) Like quite a few, i am a big fan of the baby wipes as mum of three and they are brilliant for a million different messes! also like the anti bac hand gel you can now get in most places. The kids love this and then they don't get the towel all grotty either. Best of all for me in the middle of the night are those throw away travelloos you can get online. Sounds a bit icky, but basically you wee into a special bag and it goes hard and you pop it in the bin! Have to admit, use these for the kids when I can't be bothered to take them to the toilet block in the rain either. All these three things are tiny too, so don't take up any room and I can keep them all in my backpack! hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
All personnel are required to report to the Human Resources department for a weekly salt scrub. However when it comes to personal hygiene. . .then I'm much kinder to myself and use water. Wet wipes/disposable make up remover wipes/baby wipes are useful but contribute to landfill problems.

W3526602 Posted: 25 March 2009 4:47 PM Subject: RE: Personnel Hygiene ( following ) FAIL 6/10. The folowing day we found a stream, stripped off and climbed in to bathe, had to chase the little fish away. I like to think the water in the stream was about the same temperature as a hot bath in UK....but we found it to be cool. Finding the stream was bit of a surprise, as we were at Burami (sp?), about a hundred miles inland from Dubai. All corrections wil be welcomed. (will) Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too.

[QUOTE]pkc - 2009-09-04 4:28 PM W3526602 Posted: 25 March 2009 4:47 PM Subject: RE: Personnel Hygiene ( following ) FAIL 6/10. The folowing day we found a stream, stripped off and climbed in to bathe, had to chase the little fish away. I like to think the water in the stream was about the same temperature as a hot bath in UK....but we found it to be cool. Finding the stream was bit of a surprise, as we were at Burami (sp?), about a hundred miles inland from Dubai. All corrections wil be welcomed. (will) Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too. [/QUOTE]

One good thing about being a bit of a pedant is that you know the difference between something you hang around your neck (a pendant) and some one who thinks that good English is important (a pedant).

Personally, the ones on this site who p**s me off are the ones who appear to have left school at the age of eleven and are now allowed to drive 3 and a half ton motorhomes!

Oh, and then there's the idiot who started this thread and claims to be doing university research but doesn't know the difference between personal and personnel!

[QUOTE]pkc - 2009-09-04 10:33 PM 'pendents?', 'hanging about'. notice the thing called the question mark? only a humourless pedant would have missed that. [/QUOTE]

Oh I see, you actually meant to say 'pendant' but you couldn't actually spell it. Anyway, congratulations on the stab at humour. You'll be starting your sentences with a capital letter next.

Good morning Rupert123, On Orthography. Pendent, pendant a.,n. dangling; suspended; jutting; overhanging. pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt) adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. 2. Projecting; overhanging. 3. Awaiting settlement; pending. pendent - definition of pendent by the Free Online Dictionary pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt). adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. No I did mean to use the word pendent. The correct spelling? Well it appears that you say Tomato, and I say Tomata. Capitals? ‘ not sure but if I’m using a quote I don’t think I should alter the original’, But I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks you for your appreciation of my stab at humour, Congratulations on your stab at good manners.

[QUOTE]pkc - 2009-09-05 10:43 AM Good morning Rupert123, On Orthography. Pendent, pendant a.,n. dangling; suspended; jutting; overhanging. pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt) adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. 2. Projecting; overhanging. 3. Awaiting settlement; pending. pendent - definition of pendent by the Free Online Dictionary pen•dent 1 also pen•dant (p n d nt). adj. 1. Hanging down; dangling; suspended. No I did mean to use the word pendent. The correct spelling? Well it appears that you say Tomato, and I say Tomata. Capitals? ‘ not sure but if I’m using a quote I don’t think I should alter the original’, But I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks you for your appreciation of my stab at humour, Congratulations on your stab at good manners. [/QUOTE]

Wrong on two counts I'm afraid.

First of all I'm not Rupert 123, he will be pleased!

Two - pendent is quite clearly an adjective, your own examples prove this but check the OED if you're not sure. You were quite clearly referring to a noun when you said that there are two many pendents on this site. I cannot find any example of pendent as a noun and I'm afraid that I don't really believe your claim that it was a pun on pendants and I'm convinced that the question mark signified that you were unsure of the spelling- good try though.

As for good manners, I would remind you that you started this by having a sly dig at those you consider to be pedants when you said: Just joking, Loved the last line, if you ask me there are to many pendents? hanging about on these forums, and yes Roon, they p**s me off too.

People who live in glass houses............?

Archived