Ford Globecar Trendscout

mendipman

Thanks, Colin..but none of the *Dealers* ,apart from SMC now stock this model..I appreciate your comment about your previous posts,thanks but I was hoping for a sighting on a forecourt perhaps..The M and B one is a finance repossesion and I believe is a 2007 model,,Blackcountry do not show the Globecar Logo anymore,and Southdown have not had stock for months..

• 2 weeks later...

Our friends have just ordered a Globecar from Alan Kerr in Paignton, Devon.

They initially tried SMC and were not at all impressed with their attitude/service etc. Whereas Kerr's bent over backwards to secure the sale. Might be worth a phone call. Also, as Globecar are part of Dethleffs (I believe) then their dealers might also be able to supply. Mike.

Does "Trendscout" still exist as a current model? I can't find any sign of it on the Globecar or Possl websites, though there are "Fortscout" (Globecar) or "Fortuna" and "For2" (Possl). Perhaps "Trendscout" is a UK-only model-name? Personally, I'd be a mite wary of the delivery position given comments in an earlier thread.

Derek Uzzell - 2010-08-19 9:32 AM

Does "Trendscout" still exist as a current model? I can't find any sign of it on the Globecar or Possl websites, though there are "Fortscout" (Globecar) or "Fortuna" and "For2" (Possl). Perhaps "Trendscout" is a UK-only model-name? Personally, I'd be a mite wary of the delivery position given comments in an earlier thread.

The Trendscout was listed in Globecar's 2009 german brouchure but seems to have been droped in europe this year. Still listed on Globecar UK and Possl (as For2).

I contacted H2 Motorhomes last week ,asking for a dealer list(I did not get one !), but they said only silver and white being imported, no Salsa Red Trendscout !! I have in all my years of vehicle purchasing,I am 71,had so much trouble ...I give up .... !!

When i bought my trendscout from TC motors in broadstairs(nr Margate in kent) in may they said that they had just ordered a red one for a customer. Did'nt seem to be any prob. However have just read in sept mmm that Dethleffs are no longer useing Fords. Still very pleased with mine,after fixing rattling blinds! Have other owners removed most of the decals? nearly every panel had trendscout rd on them, looked like a builders van!

Guest JudgeMental
john y - 2010-08-26 11:00 PM

Have other owners removed most of the decals? nearly every panel had trendscout rd on them, looked like a builders van!

I am thinking of the campscout model and going to have a look this week...have you removed the black bits over the windows? as not sure I like these... a photo would be nice if you have :-D

when the red ford models was originally discussed on the other panel van thread, there was loads for sale over in Germany now I cant see one

Left the black over windows ,did'nt want it to look to much like a van with windows, will download photo if i can work out how! If you can find one i can recommend them,still finding little things that show they are well thought out and well built. Only minus point is no mains elec. operation of water and heating, and really dont see how you could use the shower without sitting on the loo!

Archived