Planning Next Years Holiday

Tomored

Had a very good two months holiday this year circumnavigating Italy, and have decided that I would like to go to Croatia next year. The ACSI book does not list very many sites in Croatia so I am asking if anyone knows of any sites that they would recommend. Also I would be obliged for any tips or other information that you could share with me, regarding, things to see, general travel, state of roads, ect.

Guest JudgeMental

Thinking of Croatia ourselves for next year be interesting how this thread develops......what area are you thinking of? is Istra popular?

Routes are variedand lots of choice: through Germany/Austria/Slovenia OR we may go via Switzerland as we will be visiting friends on way back in northern Italy.....so a waste paying tolls just to go one way I think, and it is a quick journey that way.

Hi Judgementle,

Thinking of Croatia ourselves for next year be interesting how this thread develops......what area are you thinking of? is Istra popular?

Routes are variedand lots of choice: through Germany/Austria/Slovenia OR we may go via Switzerland as we will be visiting friends on way back in northern Italy.....so a waste paying tolls just to go one way I think, and it is a quick journey that way.

For me it was going to be a general tour about, similar to Andy Stotards tour

I as thinking of going by way of the Bremmer Pass. This year we went to Italy via the Simplon Pass as I refuse to pay the equivalent price for a vignette for two journey's as the Swiss pay for fourteen months. We should charge them road tax when they come over here.

Guest JudgeMental
Th french tunnels one way cost more then the Swiss motorway/tunnel vigenette combined, resonable value I think as long as you use it in both directions. Then Italian motorway tolls are peanuts as well compared to french......

Archived