what type of fridge

Guest andy marshall

Guest andy marshall
I am after advice on what power supply (gas or 12v) to go for ,i am wanting to put a fridge into a vw and be able to have it operational on the move but also could be standing for up to five days (can you use gas on the move?)can i run it of my van battery(how quickly will it run the battery down if the van is not running) do ineed to by liesure battery and can they be recharged by the van any help will be appreciated many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chris
Hi Andy, I am fairly new to all this, but can tell you what I was advised by my local dealer: that your gas supply should be switched off when on the move, for a number of reasons. The main ones been 1/ the risk of a leak and explosion should the pipes be damaged in a collision, and 2/ your ventilation systems in your van isn't as effective at getting rid of gas fumes when on the move, posing a risk of CO poisoning. Was advised of making use of the battery on the move. This will also be cheaper, as your altenator will replenish the charge, rather than you paying the £12+ to have your gas refilled! Happy camping! Chris.

Archived