---

Millhey

We're thinking of buying a Weber Q100 gas BBQ which normally uses a disposable gas cartridge.  For a large extra cost however, Weber can also supply a 'caravan adaptor' hose, but this comes complete with propane regulator to connect to a standard gas bottle.  Our Hymer has an external gas nozzle, obviously supplying gas downstream of the van regulator, which we've successfully used for previous gas BBQs.  Has anybody had any experience of connecting this Weber BBQ direct to an external nozzle?

In theory I can't see any particular problem in what you are proposing.

Your Hymer's regulator (presumably?) is a 30mbar one and the regulator used in Weber's 'caravan adapter' kit will be a 37mbar propane one, so it's reasonable to assume that the Q100 is designed to run propane at 37mbar. However, I don't believe the 30mbar/37mbar pressure difference will matter much.

As you must have a gas 'feed hose' that has allowed you in the past to connect your motorhome's external gas-outlet to various BBQs, it's really just a matter of adapting that hose to allow it o connect to the Weber Q100. How you do that will depend on your hose's present connector and that of the Weber BBQ and there are probably several options. You might want to look at the gas-related section of the CAK Tanks catalogue (www.caktanks.com) as this advertises a large selection of bits and pieces that might be suitable.

Hi Mel

Yes, the Webers are a bit pricey, but I've got sort of attached to them, having used their charcoal versions for some years.  Cadacs I think are OK, but a bit small.  I suppose I'm just influenced by my last gas bbq, which was absolute rubbish, so I'm determined to get the right one this time.

Cheers

Archived