Use of Kindle in the Motorhome

Basil

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Cost you £1 ....per meg for roaming"??

Eriba.....Where did you get that from? Not according to my T&C's - also my cousin downloaded and EMailed using Kindle 3G whilst on holiday in Spain and it didn't cost.

(See Po0rkbrain's Post above also)

I need glasses for reading and I also use them for the kindle.  I can make the text slightly bigger and use it 'landscape' but prefer not to have to turn the page so often, so glasses it is.  I have to put them on to input my password anyway.

Not yet tried to read it in full sunshine (yet to find any sunshine) but hope to do so when we tour France in the spring.

Has anyone tried charging the Kindle using the USB connection connected via the TV to the motorhome 12 volt?  We don't expect to be on hook-up for most of our time in France and it occurred to me that, should I need to charge it, this might work.

As an aside ... if you are still looking for a way to keep your Kindle warm I noticed that in the Poundland shop today they were selling neoprene laptop covers and some smaller ones about half the size which appeared to be ideal for Kindles ... at £1 it would be worth the risk!

I am finding this link very useful as I only had the Kindle at Christmas. However, I have one or two comments / observations already:

Firstly, I went on to the forum and found that a beta download is now available. After downloading and installing the first thing I noticed was that the screen is much brighter (haven't found any other differences yet).

Secondly, I was worried about the Kindle getting damaged and did try to find a suitable jiffy bag but then found this website for covers: http://www.stores.channeladvisor.com/postmetoday. I have sent for one today as they seem much more reasonably priced than the Amazon ones and with a 10 year guarantee and free postage.

pkc - 2011-01-02 7:51 AM

Hi Syd,

About £300 for a start, good description.

here with good reviews at the bottom of the page.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002Y27P46/?tag=googhydr-21&hvadid=6273708486&ref=pd_sl_3zzreglbfm_e

I'm thinking of splashing out for one myself.

Thanks pkc

Bought an IPAD for christmas and thought it excellent but it actually seems to be a different animal to the Kindle and more like £500 dearer.

Just getting into reading books so might treat myself to a Kindle as I think that they are really cheap

Best Wishes to all for the New Year

Guest JudgeMental
Sophie - 2010-12-28 3:16 PM

Thanks Olley-no chance of surprising me then :->

Also I agree with you re readability- Kindle 3 is just as readable as paper book.

I got the Keith Richard autobiography for Christmas...a nice surprise, and you cant beat a great big hunk of a book! :-D

Archived