Break down cover for Morocco

Tomo3090

Andy_C - 2010-12-01 9:34 PM

Tomo3090 - 2010-12-01 3:26 PM

Thanks Mick & Damar and others, I've now had the definitive answer from Comfort! We apply for our green card 14 days before we go and that will give us the relevent phone numbers for breakdown cover as well as accident cover. We contact the people in Morocco they rescue us and we will VERY LIKELY have to pay for it ourselves and claim it back on our return.

That'll do for me, sorted! :-D

Be interested to hear who the breakdown contact is in Morocco.

Andy

In Fad El & Many Sons whose motto is "You break it, we fix it, you pay for it or we keep it" :D

Tomo3090 - 2010-12-01 1:12 PM

I'm going to go with ADAC if I can't sort it as I know they deffo do provide breakdown and recovery.

We highly recommend ADAC. We called upon them when we were on the Peloponnese and the service we received was first rate. Plus, not only do they cover your mh, but all your vehicles are covered - in our case that's a car and a motorbike too.

Hi,

I will second that we have renewed with ADAC again this year as you really can't beat the cover they offer and the price,

As for paying in Morocco and getting it back later, we used to belong to a scheme like that in the UK and it was fine if the company you called out took CC or DC but some don't and will only deal with cash if that happened in somewhere like Morocco and you needed to be recovered back to the EU (Spain) before your own breakdown company could deal with the situation, then it could be very very costly.

With all of these insurances you hope you never use it but I think ADAC's £90'ish membership is well worth the piece of mind just in case the Moroccan company will only accept cash ? would be money well spent, albeit double check that they cover Morocco before you sign up.

snailsontour - 2010-12-04 12:20 AM

Tomo3090 - 2010-12-01 1:12 PM

I'm going to go with ADAC if I can't sort it as I know they deffo do provide breakdown and recovery.

We highly recommend ADAC. We called upon them when we were on the Peloponnese and the service we received was first rate. Plus, not only do they cover your mh, but all your vehicles are covered - in our case that's a car and a motorbike too.

Archived