Call me thick, but......

chris

Guest Chris
Hi all! I am fairly new to this caravanning lark, have just bought a 1980's Conway Warrior, and am looking forward to my first week away in it! It has come with one small butane calor gas cylindar and regulator fitted. I have got two large propane cylindars and a regulator at home. Would anyone happen to know if there is any reason why I can't attach the propane regulator in place of the butane one, and use propane gas instead? Also, if anyone reading has any helpful technical tips concerning the Conway Warrior (eg: maintenance), I would be appreciative of your sharing! Thank you in anticipation, Chris.

Guest Frank Gordon
Provided that your regulator is suitable for propane (37mbar), there is no technical reason to prevent you using it and your own gas-bottles instead of the butane container that came with your caravan. The only thing you might need to consider is the weight of the 2 bigger bottles (particularly if these are 13kg containers rather than 6kg) and any adverse effect this might have on the caravan's overall weight or nose-weight. (For a cure for 'thickness', see my posting of 30/07)

Archived