A bit parky round here!

Dave Newell

Hi guys, we've just had a lovely weekend away to Ludlow in south Shropshire for the medieval Xmas fayre. It did get a bit chilly which shouldn't have been a problem but our heating failed on Saturday. We were snug and cosy in bed but when I got up at 07.30 ish Sunday AM I was a bit shocked to see it was minus 8 degrees.....................inside the van 8-) ! Cranked the motor up and ran it at high tickover till it was warmed up and used the engine driven heater to get the temp up. I thought the boiler had frozen up and was expecting a real problem with it (we woke in the night to hear several sharp cracking sounds, not funny) but it turns out it had pushed a rubber hose off a rigid pipe so no major damage done.

Here's a photo of our vans parked up at the rugby club just a couple of hundred yards from the castle.

D.

vans.jpg.761764fb534d775fa41efbeef1df48ad.jpg

Dave Newell - 2010-11-29 6:35 PM

Hi guys, we've just had a lovely weekend away to Ludlow in south Shropshire for the medieval Xmas fayre. It did get a bit chilly which shouldn't have been a problem but our heating failed on Saturday.

D.

You just can't get reliable heater installers can you now Dave! :D ;-)

There was a light smattering of snow on Friday evening but nowt to write home about. Apparently on Saturday night mid wales (which isn't far away from Ludlow) recorded minus 17 degrees!

Stripped the heater out today to check it over, fault code was indicating insufficient combustion air so I checked the intake and exhaust first. Whipped the cover off the heater and the only thing I found was an earth wire to the burner housing was loose, tightened it up and put it all back together and it fires up every time now.

D.

Dave Newell - 2010-11-29 7:13 PM

There was a light smattering of snow on Friday evening but nowt to write home about. Apparently on Saturday night mid wales (which isn't far away from Ludlow) recorded minus 17 degrees!

Stripped the heater out today to check it over, fault code was indicating insufficient combustion air so I checked the intake and exhaust first. Whipped the cover off the heater and the only thing I found was an earth wire to the burner housing was loose, tightened it up and put it all back together and it fires up every time now.

D.

So dave, your back to spouting a lot of hot air eh :D :D

Corky 8 - 2010-11-29 8:10 PM

Cor..... Dave a new tandem axle job ,wow, job must be paying ,about time too.

Errr no, the tag axle job is not mine and its not new either :D . Mine is the 1997 red and black hoe converted Iveco hiding behind the Dethleffs tag axle and the Auto Trail Scout :D .

D.

Dave Newell - 2010-11-29 8:18 PM
Corky 8 - 2010-11-29 8:10 PM Cor..... Dave a new tandem axle job ,wow, job must be paying ,about time too.
Errr no, the tag axle job is not mine and its not new either :D . Mine is the 1997 red and black hoe converted Iveco hiding behind the Dethleffs tag axle and the Auto Trail Scout :D . D.

Just jesting Dave, I did see your Iveco when it was in your Garage, the beginning of last year  (when you fitted a rear camera to our then M/H aviano), it was Just a mere shell then, and your a brave Man out in this weather, heater or not,

Dave Newell - 2010-11-29 8:18 PM

Corky 8 - 2010-11-29 8:10 PM

Cor..... Dave a new tandem axle job ,wow, job must be paying ,about time too.

Errr no, the tag axle job is not mine and its not new either :D . Mine is the 1997 red and black hoe converted Iveco hiding behind the Dethleffs tag axle and the Auto Trail Scout :D .

D.

I didn't know you were into "RED and BLACK HOES" bro'. :D

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2010-11-29 10:13 PM

peter - 2010-11-29 9:16 PM

I didn't know you were into "RED and BLACK HOES" bro'. :D

I have a nice brown hoe ... it makes light work of weeds.

8-)

Must be a christmas joke?................. Hoe Hoe Hoe :D

Archived