Annie Lennox Christmas Cornucopia

Dave Newell

Generally speaking and being of a heathen persuasion (non religious) I don't generally go in for Christmas carols but I heard a taster of this album on the TV a few nights ago and just had to get it. I have to say it is fabulous! Annie Lenox has an amazing voice and she renders these songs beautifully. I liked it so mouch I played ot through three times back to back while plastering the front room this afternoon and I whistled along too.

Has anyone else been tampted to buy music outside of their normal tastes?

D.

You must be a good plasterer Dave, whistling at the same time. It takes me all my concentration to do the plastering, I think it's one of the hardest jobs in building and a p.i.t.a.

As regards Annie, I think she's fantastic and I have always been a big fan and have most of her work on C.D. Plus she does a hell of a lot for childrens charities. What a gem she is.

Truth be known I'm actually pretty good at putting plaster on walls. Yesterday I only had to put the bonding on the lower half of one wall so not too big a job. In a few days I can hopefully put the finish on, that's where the real skill shows ;-) .

But back to the original question, has anyone else been tempted by music outside of their normal genre?

D.

I may be telling my granny how to suck eggs Dave, but don't use the finishing plaster you get from B&Q etc as it goes off too quick and is uaually stale. Use only Thistle Board Finish plaster and mix it to the consistency of thick custard. Put it on no more than 3mm thick and leave it for an hour or so before trowelling it smooth, wetting with a brush if necessary. Not forgeting of course to give the bonding layer a coat of PVA bonding mixed 50/50 with water before you start. Good luck. :-)

Archived