Tyrepal Tyre-Pressure Monitor?

Vernon B

Has anyone any experience/thoughts on this device and how effective it might be in giving an early enough warning of a blow-out to enable you to take some corrective action?

On the face of it it appears to offer piece of mind for a reasonable outlay of £195. Full details at www.tyrepal.co.uk

V

Vernon B - 2010-12-06 2:53 PM

Has anyone any experience/thoughts on this device and how effective it might be in giving an early enough warning of a blow-out to enable you to take some corrective action?

On the face of it it appears to offer piece of mind for a reasonable outlay of £195. Full details at www.tyrepal.co.uk

V

Not sure if you are aware of this forum thread

HTTP://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21702&posts=12

(Shame that, with the forum's previously useless Search facility finally fixed after years of complaints, the obvious disadvantages of having the motorhome forums ambiguously divided continue to be ignored.)

Given the frequency of threads about tyres in general I'm surprised this didn't get more "traction" either here or under the "hints and tips" thread. Some interesting pros and cons were raised under the latter suggesting an independent review/test would be of value. Any chance in the near future Peter Rosenthal?

V

• 4 weeks later...
Andy_C - 2010-12-08 6:47 PM

Given that my review set failed to function correctly and I've yet to receive a replacement, I can't say that I'm impressed with the supplier so far....

Andy

Hi Andy I wondered if there had been any further developments with this?

V

Vernon B - 2011-01-02 3:02 PM

Andy_C - 2010-12-08 6:47 PM

Given that my review set failed to function correctly and I've yet to receive a replacement, I can't say that I'm impressed with the supplier so far....

Andy

Hi Andy I wondered if there had been any further developments with this?

V

Yes, I've now got the replacement unit but not had time to fit and test it yet.

Andy

Archived