Any Subscriber got January MMM yet?

Hazy Baby

auntyjanet1 - 2010-12-16 11:51 PM

Hi.

Why don,t you all support your local newsagent and buy your copy there if your to idle to do that, he will even deliver it to your door.

No local newsagent??

Thats because your all to busy getting ripped off by Tesco ,Asda.etc

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRADER !

You could say I am supporting Royal Mail by having it delivered each month.

And ther is a cost saving with a subscription.

Not received January's copy but no worries as I'm only halfway through the December issue.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, please see note below from subscriptions department, thanks:

The magazine went out at the same time as usual but a high proportion of subscriber copies have become stuck in Royal Mail backlogs in certain areas of the country. If magazines are not received by the middle of next week we will be looking to replace them.

Regarding the 13 issues of MMM…

MMM is now on-sale every 4 weeks, rather than on the fourth Thursday of every month. This means that you will receive 13 issues over the course of the year instead of 12. Now you can enjoy your favourite magazine more often!

Hi Mike

OAL Moderator - 2010-12-17 2:58 PMThe magazine went out at the same time as usual but a high proportion of subscriber copies have become stuck in Royal Mail backlogs in certain areas of the country. If magazines are not received by the middle of next week we will be looking to replace them.
I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms .... I hope its here for Christmas. :-(
Regarding the 13 issues of MMM…

MMM is now on-sale every 4 weeks, rather than on the fourth Thursday of every month. This means that you will receive 13 issues over the course of the year instead of 12. Now you can enjoy your favourite magazine more often!

So if it's out every 4 weeks, does that means we're paying quarterly for 3.25 mags? Or is it still for 3 mags? If so, it means we're paying for an extra mag each 12 month period ... sneaky!As for the issue name - are the issue 'calendar months' names going to be kept or is it just going to end up with 'issue no 455' etc?

I think the main problem at the moment is the Transport industry is struggling to cope due to weather conditions, loads of backlogs. Son in law left Middlewich this morning for Aberystwyth and hasn't got there yet (8.30pm) this will cause a knock on effect for tomorrow as he should be getting back to Middlewich about now, but will not get back tonight.

Dave 

I don't understand why forum members keep rattling on about this..

The January 2011 MMM issue was officially on sale on December 16th and a Warners spokesman has already explained that subscriber copies of the magazine were placed in the hands off the Post Office as normal and any delay in those copies reaching subscribers will be due to the well-reported weather-related backlogs within the Post Office system.

The terms of the current MMM subscription offer are printed on Pages 122-123 of the December 2010 isue. You pay £41.99 (cheque/credit-card) for 13 issues (that's £3.23 per issue) including delivery (USUALLY a day or two before the magazine becomes available in the shops), or £9.99 (direct debit) every 3 months to receive 13 issues per year (which I assume equates to £3.07-ish per issue). In the past, there were other offers for longer duration subscription periods, but I don't know if that's still the case.

With a 4-week 'cut', rather than a calendar month, the publication date moves gradually backwards over time. For the January 2011 issue it was December 16, for the December 2010 issue it was November 18, for November it was October 21, etc.

Derek Uzzell - 2010-12-18 8:41 AM

I don't understand why forum members keep rattling on about this..

The January 2011 MMM issue was officially on sale on December 16th and a Warners spokesman has already explained that subscriber copies of the magazine were placed in the hands off the Post Office as normal and any delay in those copies reaching subscribers will be due to the well-reported weather-related backlogs within the Post Office system.

The terms of the current MMM subscription offer are printed on Pages 122-123 of the December 2010 isue. You pay £41.99 (cheque/credit-card) for 13 issues (that's £3.23 per issue) including delivery (USUALLY a day or two before the magazine becomes available in the shops), or £9.99 (direct debit) every 3 months to receive 13 issues per year (which I assume equates to £3.07-ish per issue). In the past, there were other offers for longer duration subscription periods, but I don't know if that's still the case.

With a 4-week 'cut', rather than a calendar month, the publication date moves gradually backwards over time. For the January 2011 issue it was December 16, for the December 2010 issue it was November 18, for November it was October 21, etc.

Oooh! When I started this post didn't think things would become so complicated! Just wanted to know if my copy was missing/had everyone else (anyone?) got theirs? The moderator has put my mind at rest that its in the post. So patience is called for................Mind you, as I only pay £7.99 a quarter its worth it being late!! Hazel

Still no sign .................

Our weather has been comparatively good over the last week or so. In fact I have to say the Inverness area has got off lightly :-D But as a result I cannot understand why the magazine has not got through. There may have been more snow than usual in the central belt and in England (and comiserations to those it is hitting at the moment) but the gridlock on the roads was eary last week, why is there still gridlock in the sorting offices?

Would not worry too much as to not getting Jan MMM, as is same old, same old. Flicked through it today and found little of interest or that was new. "News" items were on internet forums weeks ago, travel articles are, as ever, majority U.K. based, whilst touring abroad is again as expected site based. Van reviews are bland, with little new info. This is just our opinion, know lots of you love the format as is, but we feel it needs more spark.

Nowt here yet either. :-(

As for why stuff still isn't getting through - there is an absolutely massive backlog of post and parcels out there. We've has some delivery drivers coming here working 14 hours shifts to try to clear it.

What hasn't helped is that, because some stuff hasn't got through, companies are sending out duplicates in case the orignal has got lost so they are actually compounding the problem.

So, MMM, please DO NOT send out duplicates - you'll only add to the chaos that already exists!!!

8-)

Archived